Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Polymyalgia  (Read 3731 times)

Taz2

Re: Polymyalgia
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2022, 10:36:27 AM »

Hi Penny. I really do urge you to try the steroids. Yes it can cause weight gain and a moon face but both of these things to go again after you stop the treatment. I appreciate you don't want to gain more weight but better that surely than being confined to the house and needing help with personal care? My male friend was really relieved when his GP said he suspected PMR as it gave him his life back within three days. He thought he had an untreatable condition and he would have to give up the job he loves. Please consider it. You really don't want the giant cell arteritis.

I'm so pleased for your dad CrispyChick.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2022, 01:07:16 PM »

Tnx CrispyChick.  My Mum couldn't leave the house anyway for several months after beginning steroids, apart from us visiting she didn't see many people. 

U may find PF that once the condition stabilises and steroids are weaned off, that some of the weight will disappear.  Could it be weight gain being an underlying reason for the condition, is there a link? 

I have a low pain threshold as well as having lost years to depression, so me, being me: would opt for treatment.  I might look like a hamster for a while, so what.  I'm wearing my mask regularly too so no one should be getting close enough to notice  ;)

Is the painkiller/gel regime easing the stiffness at all?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 06:02:35 PM »

How R the aches and pains?
Pages: 1 2 [3]