Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Has anyone tried Plantur 39 for thinning hair?  (Read 8470 times)

Sfifties

Has anyone tried Plantur 39 for thinning hair?
« on: January 03, 2022, 09:44:53 PM »

Good evening,
i was wondering if any ladies here has tried Plantur 39 shampoo and tonic for hair thinning .
I am referring to the german shampoo that contains phyto  caffein that should stimulate the hair follicle and it is marketed for ladies over 40 and going through the menopause .
i if yes  did you notice any difference?
thanks
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:07:14 AM by Sfifties »

Cookie25

Re: Has anyone tried Plantur 39 for thinning hair?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 10:43:26 PM »

Hi there

I have never tried that one but I use nioxin and both me and my hairdresser notice the difference in my hair. I don't pay the salon prices but just order the 1L bottles from Amazon or other sites.

Cookie
Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 10:20:01 AM »

Let us know how you get on?

Sfifties

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 11:15:13 AM »

Hi CLKD,
I will , i started using it the Plantur 39 and the tonic 2 weeks ago only , i was interested in knowing if anyone had used it as i was wondering if just a marketing strategy to sell to women  in menopause or if it really works!
It’s not super pricey but more expensive than my usual shampoo/ conditioner combo.
The instructions are to use one of their products every  day and as i only wash my hair 2-3 times a week on the other days i use the tonic.

Let’s wait and see…

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 12:59:41 PM »

Generally I wash my hair twice a week.  When I get hold of the shampoo that I am trying to increase density, I'll post  ::)

arc73

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 04:32:43 PM »

Hello :-)

I started using both the shampoo and conditioner about 4 months ago after having had a lot of shedding for months. I am definitely losing less, however that may be seasonal, and I also started HRT just before changing shampoo too so I'm not sure which has helped! I'm going to stick with it for another bottle or so anyhow at least, as it seems to suit my hair and the conditioner is particularly good if you have fine/thin hair as it is effective but not heavy. I don't use it daily as I only wash my hair every 2/3 days too

Sfifties

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 05:43:04 PM »

Hi arc73,
I do really like the shampoo i use the one for coloured hair as i have my roots done every 6 -7 weeks to cover my greys which i have had since my mid thirties , it foams well and leaves hair feeling really clean and soft ,
On days when I don’t wash it  i use the tonic on scalp , i decided not to get the conditioner and use my usual one as i thought  that the purpose of these products it’s to feed and reawakening of the hair follicle/roots and i only apply conditioner from  mid - length downwards to help with conditioning hair length.

Will be using for a minimum of 3 months and reassess , but i am somehow dubious of the effect it will have on thinning already occurred on sides and if that is reversible  although it might help with future shedding .
Time will tell…
Anyone else has tried it ?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:56:50 PM by Sfifties »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 07:29:23 PM »

I have had really bad hair loss for the past year. I was referred to a consultant dermatologist at the hospital last Sept.  I have tried various shampoos and none have worked including Nioxin but not Plantur.  She was very thorough and examined my scalp and hair under a hugely magnified lens.  She prescribed some scalp shampoo and lotion and I am waiting to go for scalp biopsies.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 09:16:55 PM »

I would stop any colouring which may well affect the regrowth of the follicles.  I'm using "Aussie" shampoo which supposedly lifts the hair.  A very small amount of gel goes a long way!

There is a conditioner but why bother, it's going to be washed out anyway  ::).   

ellie

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 01:05:49 PM »

Hi ladies,  Hair thickening shampoos work by giving the illusion of thicker hair, by making each strand of hair itself look thicker and reducing the amount of space in between the strands of hair.  So it’s a case of finding the one that you like best. The effect will only be temporary.   Using a product to style your hair with is much the same and there are some very good ones on the market to make your hair feel thicker and fuller. Hope this helps…..

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 01:37:52 PM »

Yep  :thankyou:  I cut my fringe on C.mas Eve and I'm looking like a hedge too over my head  ;D so need to book an appt. to be tidied up. 

Baz

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 09:10:32 PM »

I've used plantur for quite a while and found it good , but having grey hair it started to make it feel dry, so I switched to pantene biology menopause shampoo, there are various, and have found it kept my hair in better conditions, no hair loss.

Haydo

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2022, 01:57:19 PM »

Sfifties - just wondering what your assessment of Plantur 39 was after using for a few months. 

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2024, 04:18:31 PM »

:bouncing: