Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Emma mattress  (Read 9286 times)

jaypo

Re: Emma mattress
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2022, 06:49:12 PM »

Do you get hot through the night? (That sounds wrong  ;D ) I have night sweats but I have a big fan by my bed,it certainly doesn't overheat me. Simba are very expensive aren't they🙀

Stillsearching

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2022, 06:57:50 PM »

Certainly not as hot as I used to before HRT but yes even when the room is very cold so I can't put my arms above the covers, my body still radiates heat. Simba are expensive and there are so many manufacturers claiming to sell cooling mattresses it's making my brain ache.

Two hoots

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2022, 09:32:15 PM »

Luckily I liked our new mattress but it took me a long time to take the plunge and order, I read reviews on lots of sites read articles we even booked a night in a Premier Inn to test their mattress  ;D My only conclusion to a cooler night is a thin duvet, Tog 4 except in winter when I go up to a Tog 9.

Good luck with your search  :)

Roobee

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2022, 11:47:48 AM »

For anyone who does have a Simba, I just wanted to say what a fabulous service I have had from them recently.
Had mine just over 7 years and lately it hasn’t felt right! Makes my hip and shoulder hurt and just not sleeping comfortably anymore.
I emailed them last Tuesday about it (has a 10 year guarantee) and within half hour I had a reply asking for photos, I sent them back and thought this is where they list all the things that are not covered and tell me I have not cared for it correctly.
To my amazement, I had an email back quite quickly to confirm a replacement has been arranged and a link to organise delivery date!! It arrived this morning.

Very impressed with them 😀 but not looking forward to the few nights of crap sleep due to the breaking in process again! 😴

Stillsearching

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2022, 07:46:42 PM »

I paid £436.52 for the mattress but they have only refunded me £153.17. More arguments to follow no doubt.

sheila99

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2022, 09:17:06 PM »

What's their excuse?

Stillsearching

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2022, 09:26:45 PM »

I only saw the refund on my card tonight. Contacted live chat and was told I need to contact customer services because live chat is just for sales. She said they make deductions of the mattress is damaged. It certainly wasn't damaged when it left my house. Reviews for the courier Emma sent are shocking.

jaypo

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2022, 08:04:54 AM »

I sometimes think it's all a ploy,because they know most people won't take them to court over that amount,it's trying to prove it wasn't yourself that damaged it that's the problem,couriers are the worst,my mattress arrived with a huge black smudge stain on it,where they'd clearly dragged it across the floor of their dirty van  >:(

suzysunday

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2022, 12:05:35 PM »

Premier inn hypnos mattresses are too hard.  I find many of the pocket sprung mattresses are too hard.  Holidays are a problem.  If I went on holiday in a car I would take my own topper.  No practical on a train!  Simba sound good.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Recycling of a modern mattress [Emma mattress]
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2023, 03:55:12 PM »

We need to change our mattress and I would like to go the 'green route'.  i.e. to be able to recycle at the end of its Life to avoid landfill.

Any ideas?

Some companies suggest that their organic latex is used in part of the manufacture, however, many are allergic to latex which is why it is no longer used in many industries  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2023, 05:10:03 PM »

Straw or horse hair  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2023, 05:20:14 PM »

I saw that on one of the Companies web-sites - I thought that we had moved on from horse hair  ;D which I had remembered as very scratchy.  What mattress filling do you have sheila99 - R U lambing now?

We have an extra large bed  8)  :-* we need a mobile to say goodnight to each other  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]