Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Eczema started!  (Read 1278 times)

pinkmarshmallow

Eczema started!
« on: April 24, 2023, 09:31:21 AM »

Hi

I seem to be adding bit by bit all of the symptoms you can have during peri!  I’ve now got eczema patches over various parts of my body including the knicker line (which is tricky to avoid irritating more when you’re wearing knickers!)  I’ve tried all the various creams/emollients but today just started on a 1% hydrocortisone cream over the counter (no prescription needed). 

If any of you are suffering with bad patches of itchy skin which are driving you mad, try not to break the skin from scratching and head for the pharmacy. 

I’m 54, on HRT and taking supplements of  fish oil, magnesium and Vit D.  It’s a struggle to get through this but we will x

Ayesha

Re: Eczema started!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 03:23:15 PM »

I developed eczema in my 50's on my hands, I also took the same supplements, had to give up on the fish oils but take VD.
Every winter my hands used to get red raw but I now use Nursem cream. I use it every time after washing my hands and I have to say it's been very effective at keeping my eczema under control.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 03:41:44 PM »

Interesting because my Dad developed 'late onset asthma' [apparently] at age 62.  No history in our family.  Asthma and eczema go together very often. 

MayB hormonal though I don't think it was considered in his case. 

star35

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 06:24:04 PM »

I did wonder if it could be hormone related, my DD got it with her first pregnancy and again now with her second one. Don't know if you have tried double base but it works for her.

pinkmarshmallow

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 07:47:01 AM »

Thanks for all of your advice.  I will try Nursem for my hands.  Interestingly they don’t itch but just get sore and crack.  The patches of eczema over my body are so itchy.  The hydrocortisone cream that I’ve just started, relieves it after use but not for long 🫤.  I will look at getting DoubleBase as well to try. 

CLKD - I do have a breathing problem now and again after catching pneumonia 3 years ago and did have to use my inhaler last night.  Eczema and asthma are in my mum’s family unfortunately, but thought my sister and I had gotten away with it!

Now looking at buying knickers with no seams now.  Thank you all.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 08:58:06 AM »

Oh you can be our Knicker tester ;-).  Do let us know how you get on.  I hate shopping for underwear as I always get it wrong  :-\

Scampidoodle

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 08:39:41 AM »

Do you take progesterone too? It can be calming to histamine which causes things like eczema