Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Emma mattress  (Read 9253 times)

Stillsearching

Emma mattress
« on: December 28, 2021, 10:41:34 AM »

I'm looking for a new mattress and thought the Emma sounded good as it's supposed to help keep cool. I've always found foam mattresses really warm. Reviews are mixed. Does anyone have experience of this mattress?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Emma mattress
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 10:50:24 AM »

I've been wondering when I see the TV Adverts how good they might be.   What I didn't know, years++ ago, that we could have returned ours within 60 days.  We didn't need to but it would have been nice to know the option was there. Then I get to wondering, what happens to all those that are returned  :-\

We bought our very large bed from Furniture Village and are probably due a new mattress.  Some have a date of installation on, as they state the 8 years is the 'life' of a mattress.  Is that a marketing ploy?

I like going to test mattresses, though like shoes, they never feel the same once bought  ::).   Don't buy anything too hard even if you have back ache as too hard will not ease symptoms.  'orthopaedic' beds were all the rage in the 1980s  ::)

MinL bought one of those toppers when they were fashionable, we could never sleep on it - far too hot!  Anyone understand why 'memory foam' would work?

Let us know how you get on?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 11:46:24 AM »

Mine is 2-3 years old now so it may not be the same as new ones. I find it warmer than my old mattress but I think that's because it's memory foam so you sink in a bit whereas the old one was a traditional spring mattress so you stay on top.

Two hoots

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 11:51:28 AM »

I have the Emma mattress, we did have a mattress with a memory foam topper that I found much too hot the last couple of years.  I thought I would try the Emma mattress but if I didn’t like it I would put it on DS bed  ;D I really found it comfortable from the first night, my better half took longer to like it. 

We bought the mattress in March so have had it almost a year, I definitely wasnt as hot in the summer as I was with our previous mattress, but until a few weeks ago we did still have a 4 tog duvet on the bed now we have a 9 tog and its warm enough.

The mattress did smell very strongly when it was delivered, it was left in a spare room with the window open for a few days before it went on the bed, you are told to let it fluff up first for a few hours but the smell took days to go.

Stillsearching

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 12:15:28 PM »

I've just ordered the hybrid which I found first on Amazon then went on the Emma live chat to enquire about. The hybrid and premium have springs as well as foam and are supposed to be cooler. The hybrid is softer than the premium. 200 night trial so worth a go. I'll let you know how I get on. X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 12:48:30 PM »

Can we all come and have a bounce when it arrives  :ola: :bouncing:  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 10:08:31 AM »

Did it arrive?  I saw a tv advert for one that has a 15 year guarantee ...... too long, the company may have gone out of business by then!

Stillsearching

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 10:18:36 AM »

It has arrived. We are in the middle of moving house so the mattress is in the new house and we're sleeping in the old. I'm hoping to try it out at the weekend.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 12:42:47 PM »

When will the garage sale be ;-)

Stillsearching

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 01:31:35 PM »

We started our move ( and associated sales of stuff) in October 2020 and moved from Coventry down to Hampshire  in May 2021. Staying with our daughter and we left all of our white goods and sofas and beds behind. The cost of storage would have outweighed the value of our furniture so we decided to start with new but I do hate shopping.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 02:48:27 PM »

Too late then  ;D  ::)

Hampshire is lovely  :)

Stillsearching

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 03:52:22 PM »

People keep saying I have an accent. I think they do. Summer 2021 was spent house hunting. Hopefully this year we can explore.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 04:16:49 PM »

I sound Australian apparently - raised in the depth of the Fens  ;D

Brindle

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 09:58:39 PM »

I tried the Emma mattress but wasn't sold. In November, after research, I bought the Simba hybrid mattress. It's not cheap, but it is literally the most comfortable thing I have ever slept on, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It has the cooling system too, but the fact that it is a combination of memory foam and springs makes a huge difference. (Not sponsored by them btw :)).

Stillsearching

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2022, 06:56:09 AM »

I tried the Emma mattress but wasn't sold. In November, after research, I bought the Simba hybrid mattress. It's not cheap, but it is literally the most comfortable thing I have ever slept on, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It has the cooling system too, but the fact that it is a combination of memory foam and springs makes a huge difference. (Not sponsored by them btw :)).

The jury is out on Emma . I bought the hybrid and we've had 3 nights on it. It's definitely cool but we're both finding it too firm. It's odd. The foam top is soft enough to give to support hips etc but it still feels too hard. I'm waiting for a 2cm topper to come which is supposed to make it soft.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4