Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Please please help me - 3rd period on HRT  (Read 1616 times)

Winter

Please please help me - 3rd period on HRT
« on: November 22, 2021, 09:48:40 AM »

I feel so awful. I am having my third period on HRT (gel and utro) and it's terrible. Physically I have sore boobs and was constipated, it's started now and isn't too heavy or painful. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I really don't want to feel like this, anxiety is off the charts and I'm so so angry. I had an awful night sweat with panic last night and the night before. This had all stopped and I was feeling ok on HRT, so what's gone wrong??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Please please help me - 3rd period on HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 02:26:05 PM »

Hi!  Are the periods running one into the next ?   If the bleed is heavy there is medication which your GP can prescribe to ease the flow.

May you require a hike in HRT?  MayB put the names of the products into the search box?  See what pops up?  Make notes ;-).

I was also constipated B4 a bleed began.  I have suffered with slow transit for years  >:( - always worse when I'm away from a bathroom  >:(  >:(

Anxiety can be caused by hormonal imbalance.  If it's unbearable, an anti-anxiety medication might be worth taking for 6-8 months. Some anti-depressant meds. can ease anxiety.  Apparently. 

Nas

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 05:27:55 PM »

Hi Winter,
I didn't get on with the gel at all.
It made me feel wired and anxious.
Oestrogen can stimulate the womb unfortunately and bring on a bleed.
Either, you need a higher dose of gel, or a different progesterone to control bleeding.
Or, you could try a different regime altogether?

I am off HRT at present. Reason being, bleeding and cramps. I am sick to death of it all.

Best of luck x

Winter

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 09:21:56 AM »

Maybe I wasn't clear in my opening post - it was my third period, they aren't running into each other - are well spaced and as I said, they aren't heavy. It was the emotional aspects I was concerned with, and the return of sweats. Anyway, I've worked out what it is now. I've been on antibiotics for over a week, and suddenly realised yesterday that they may interfere with HRT - one quick search showed that, of course, they do, just as they do with contraceptive pill. They reduce amount of circulating oestrogen, so no wonder I had a massive return of symptoms.

Stillsearching

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 10:45:47 AM »

Anyway, I've worked out what it is now. I've been on antibiotics for over a week, and suddenly realised yesterday that they may interfere with HRT - one quick search showed that, of course, they do, just as they do with contraceptive pill. They reduce amount of circulating oestrogen, so no wonder I had a massive return of symptoms.

That's really useful to know thank you.

Winter

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 02:12:58 PM »

Still searching - have you experienced similar?

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 04:43:58 PM »

Are you on continuous or sequential HRT?

Stillsearching

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 04:47:13 PM »

Still searching - have you experienced similar?

No but it's useful to put these things in the memory bank just in case.