Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: hrt over 66  (Read 4458 times)

jaydee

Re: hrt over 66
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2021, 10:06:25 PM »

I’m 67 and have been on HRT since the age of 42. I use oestrogen and utrogestan.

jaydee

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2021, 10:14:55 PM »

I’m 67 and been on HRT since I was 42.  I use oestrogel and utrogestan.

daisie

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 09:00:27 AM »

So that's a full hysterectomy plus oophorectomy. Even post menopause the ovaries continue to produce a little oestrogen so no wonder you are short on hormones. I think you need to read up as much as you can on starting HRT over 60 (it's the starting late which can cause a GP to be cautious) and then ask if you could try it. Patch or gel HRT is safer as in tablet form it can increase the risk of stroke slightly. You are lucky in that you will only need oestrogen as it is the combined HRT which can raise the risk of breast cancer. Do you have other menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes or vaginal dryness or discomfort?
hi taz. yes I get hot flushes aching joints insomnia libido has gone ages ago mood swings x

daisie

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2021, 09:05:23 AM »

I’m 67 and been on HRT since I was 42.  I use oestrogel and utrogestan.
hi jaydee thanks for your reply, x

Stillsearching

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2022, 10:41:59 AM »

I'm 65 so almost there 😀 and have been on HRT for 5 years with no intention of every stopping. My friend the same age started about a month ago.

sheila99

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 01:42:25 PM »

The NICE guidelines used to say you stop at 60 but now there's no age limit. If your gp won't prescribe you could ask for a referral to a menopause clinic.

daisie

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2022, 10:31:48 AM »

The NICE guidelines used to say you stop at 60 but now there's no age limit. If your gp won't prescribe you could ask for a referral to a menopause clinic.
hi thanks for reply sheila  good to know theres no age limit now x

daisie

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2022, 10:36:57 AM »

I'm 65 so almost there 😀 and have been on HRT for 5 years with no intention of every stopping. My friend the same age started about a month ago.
thanks for reply,just seen it.its all fear mongering i get from my doctors putting it into my head im too old now they  dont like prescribing it x

Stillsearching

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2022, 10:54:13 AM »

thanks for reply,just seen it.its all fear mongering i get from my doctors putting it into my head im too old now they  dont like prescribing it x

My friend had a private video consultation with
Dr Charlotte Bell from the Louise Newson clinic in Stratford. She said she was brilliant. Prescriptions will be NHS

Elizabethlovejoy

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 11:12:26 AM »

I started HRT aged 62. Referred to a gynaecologist nhs for prolapse and he recommended it.
I then went to Newson health as my atrophy was worsening and am  now aged 66 on oestrogel utrogestan and vagifem and androfemme. I am feeling the best I have felt in years!( 4 pumps of oestrogel )

daisie

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 11:32:50 AM »

I started HRT aged 62. Referred to a gynaecologist nhs for prolapse and he recommended it.
I then went to Newson health as my atrophy was worsening and am  now aged 66 on oestrogel utrogestan and vagifem and androfemme. I am feeling the best I have felt in years!( 4 pumps of oestrogel )
hi thats good to know im so pleased for you. the menopause can feel deathly  as i know if we dont get it sorted where do you get intouch with newson health x

Stillsearching

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 12:34:54 PM »

hi thats good to know im so pleased for you. the menopause can feel deathly  as i know if we dont get it sorted where do you get intouch with newson health x

https://www.newsonhealth.co.uk/

Misty lynch

• First Flush
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2022, 03:49:30 PM »

I started hrt when I was 64 mainly for bones but subsequently got relief for vaginal atrophy and ulcerative colitis. (Who thought,) I am on 50 evorel patches, 50 testosterone and 100 utrogestan. So feeling much better. The Newson suggested increasing to 75 evorel and 75 testosterone as well as utrogestan. I got horrendous anxiety and returned to original levels after 6 weeks and anxiety levelled out. However I saw information and studies indicating cognitive loss after 60 when starting hrt during this period. Also info from Dr Mosconi who was on the davina McCall programme. I cannot get this out of my head.

I know they talk about a risk / benefit equation but to me becoming less cognitively able trumps everything. I am hoping that this is not a common experience as I do not want to stop and as this thread has been going for so long I thought you may have some insight.

Pippa52

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2022, 02:52:10 PM »

Hi I started HRT at age 42 after a surgical menopause. I am 69 now still on HRT and intend to stay on it. x

Floradora

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2022, 03:01:07 PM »

As long as you have a the discussion with your GP regarding the (in my view fairly small for most people) risks I can see no reason why you couldn’t be prescribed say a low dose 25mcg patch to trial. Unless you have other strong risk factors to be taken into account in your personal medical history I would think GPs now would be inclined to say yes.
Pages: 1 [2]