Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anyone using Oestrogel?  (Read 1383 times)

PeriWhat?!

Anyone using Oestrogel?
« on: November 10, 2021, 04:20:17 PM »

Any other Oestrogel users out there? Does it work almost instantly? How do you know when you need an extra pump?

I was told to start on one pump a day, and feel as though reappearance of hot flushes and rage (they're not constant, they just appear towards late afternoon when I've put the gel on in the morning) tell me I need to use more. But I also remember being told with my previous HRT attempts that everything takes up to three months to work - does this include Oestrogel?

Am now trying 2 pumps a day, but have only been on it about three weeks so am not sure if I've given it enough chance to get going.

Also wondering if anyone has any tips for getting it to soak into the skin more quickly, it's taking ages!

Thanks in advance. :)

VictoryV

Re: Anyone using Oestrogel?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 05:24:05 PM »

Hi,
I really rub it in to my inner thighs. I didn’t used to and it took forever to be able to dress.

I started on 2 pumps which got rid of the flushes and sweats. Everything else took an additional two pumps and testosterone. My GP said start on 2 pumps, increase until the symptoms stop but try to not go above 4. I did get a few manic/wired days when I increased but at least the house got deep cleaned, accounts filed, cars washed etc!

Good luck.
Victoria.x

Ellen May

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 11:21:28 PM »

I’m on 2 pumps a day.
I put it on my arms every evening when getting ready for bed and by the time I’ve cleaned my teeth, tidied my room etc it’s virtually dry.

I started on 1 pump a day and after my 3 month review upped it to 2 pumps.

Grheliz1

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 01:22:53 PM »

I started on two pumps, which I thought was the standard dose.

Now on 2.5-3 pumps a day. If I drop below 2.5 symptoms return very quickly.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 02:02:14 PM »

Some symptoms take longer than others and it seems to be emotional ones take longer than the physical ones. Apparently it's to do with the length of time cells last, by 3 months they've all been replaced so you don't get the full benefit of oestrogen enriched cells til then. Hot flushes usually go within a couple of weeks, my anxiety took 3 months with no noticeable improvement in the first month and very much up and down after that. The usual starting dose is 2 pumps in peri, I think it would be better to give this dose the 3 months before you increase again.

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 08:29:58 AM »

Thanks so much all for your replies. I'm currently on my fourth attempt at HRT for peri in the space of about a year and the one consistent has been that they've all got rid of hot flushes  - until they started to reappear at times on Oestrogel.

That said, although hot flushes are annoying, I'm really desperate to try to improve mood swings/sleep/anxiety/concentration issues, so we'll see.

After getting a referral to the menopause clinic I'm now on two pumps of Oestrogel a day, Vagifem and had a Mirena coil fitted two weeks ago to try to avoid the progesterone mood swings that I couldn't cope with (to put it mildly!). It's early days, but no issues so far. *fingers crossed*

Thanks again everyone for replying. :)

Winter

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 09:11:31 AM »

I've just added an extra pump at 11 weeks in. I was on 2, sometimes 2.5, now on 3 as my anxiety was still strong at times, and pmt is awful, and night sweats leading to period. It may be that I only need the extra pump around period. I've noticed less hair falling out since upping to 3 so I must need it.