Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help pmdd  (Read 1038 times)

Michele

Help pmdd
« on: November 21, 2021, 09:14:00 AM »

I’m cutting my long story short. I’ve had mri’s etc and told and have the reports which state post menopausal. My problem is my anger outbursts which come on so quickly that I don’t have time to think about them or stop them from happening. Every little thing gets on my nerves and I’m struggling to keep going, to be honest I want to run away and be alone somewhere, just lock me in a room and throw away the key would be the best thing for me right now. I’m ruining everything for everybody, I don’t want to mix with people either. I do suffer from depression and anxiety but these mood swings have taken me to a whole different level.
Someone mentioned I could have pmdd all of the symptoms I feel are the same, however when I’ve looked it’s generally for women going through the menopause and not afterwards. Can someone please reach out and help me?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help pmdd
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 09:19:07 AM »

Hormones can cause all kinds of mood swings etc..  How is your eating pattern?  The National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome (NAPS) advised me to eat every 3 hours to stop those 'surges' of rage and nausea.  That is, every 3 hours even through the night.  It really helped me to keep more even throughout the month.  I was 33.

I can't remember whether you are taking any medications for anxiety and depression?

Michele

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 05:35:14 PM »

Hi yes I’m on antidepressants

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 06:11:04 PM »

Do they help at all?  Do try to eat regularly, it takes about 3 months to feel benefit.

"I'm ruining it for everybody" - that's your brain talking, not necessarily true!  Delegate.  Talk to them.  Speak to your Practice Nurse/GP to see if you need an additional medication or something extra.

Let us know.

Suzysheep

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 09:35:25 AM »

Are you on HRT?