Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: HRT + Antidepressant  (Read 4691 times)

Mum of 2

Re: HRT + Antidepressant
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 10:57:56 PM »

Thank you. I was starting to to feel like giving up but I know I need to give it time. Hope you are all doing well. X

warwick01

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 03:08:09 PM »

Hi how you both doing with the Mirtazapine?? it will be 4 weeks on Tuesday for me. I have glimpses of feeling good the I feel off. Still early day I know.

Take care Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 03:12:14 PM »

How is your diet over-all warwick01?  It can help to eat little and often.  The brain takes a while to accept medication so that we feel benefit ;-)

:foryou:

Gnatty

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2021, 06:23:50 PM »

Warwick, I am hopeful you will notice good improvements over the next couple of weeks or so. I continue to feel well on 15 mg.

warwick01

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 10:04:06 AM »

CLKD - the down side of Mirt is craving carbs and sweets. I have noticed I have been eating more biscuits and chocolate so trying to watch what I eat.

Gnatty - I think I have noticed more improvement this week, having some joint pain in both hips that wakes me during the night. Not sure if it's a side effect of Mirt or just arthritis. Really need to sleep as this contributed to my melt down 4 weeks ago...

Thanks Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2021, 11:55:32 AM »

Where exactly is the pain? Hip pain is felt in the groin.  Back pain radiates to the area we know as the 'hips'. 

Several years ago I woke with deep pain in the muscle of the thighs: turned out it was due to bending over cabinets in antique shops!!!  Referred pain from the lower back.  Do U take medication 40 mins. B4 you go to bed?

warwick01

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 06:33:27 PM »

Hi

Just wondering how you're doing on Mirtazapine?? Any side effects?? and do you feel better??

Wx

Gnatty

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2021, 06:55:48 AM »

Hi Warwick, I am still taking 15 mg mirtazapine, probably about ten weeks now. I feel like I am continuing to improve but that could also be due to me coming through the other side of hysterectomy and oophorectomy back in June. I wake up and still feel a bit sleepy which is unusual for me but it soon wears off. And I have more interest in sweet things than before so I have to be quite disciplined. Overall I feel well and starting to get my enthusiasm back for things. It's a bit of a melting pot though as I take oestrogel and testosterone so difficult to know what's helping with what.
How are you getting on with it?

warwick01

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »

Good to hear you are feeling better Gnatty.

I continued on half tablet for 6 weeks now 3quarters day 3 and feeling a bit shaky/flu type shivery. hope this settles then go onto full tablet in a couple of weeks. I know I would have stopped if the side effects were bad in the beginning.

I suppose it makes sense a return of symptoms when we increase. 7.5 just wasn't enough to settle the anxiety

Wx 

Gnatty

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2021, 09:42:33 AM »

How much hrt are you taking at the moment?

Nas

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2021, 04:50:19 PM »

Hi
Can I join the mirtazapine thread please? I’ve been prescribed it  for sleep.

3 years post menopausal but still have anxiety and poor sleep. I’m on patch and utrogestan but it’s not doing a lot for me. Going to trial oral Hrt soon.

Gp has prescribed 15mg per night.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 06:40:45 PM by Nas »

warwick01

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2021, 06:31:36 PM »

Hi Nas

I'm not good with medication, seem to get all side effects listed. I was prescribed 15mg at night but cut them in half and started on 7.5. Was dizzy and felt weird first 2 weeks. but at 4 weeks felt better. I am currently taking 12.5mg night 4 tonight plus day 6 utrogestion which to be honest not great with. Can only manage 7 days. So today my head is like cotton wool and have period pains.

Hope to feel better tomorrow. Lost of good results with Mirt - good luck Nas

Gnatty -  hope I get to full 15mg soon.

Wx

Gnatty

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2021, 06:36:05 PM »

Hi there, so my GP who has been great said: the trouble with taking a sub clinical dose can mean you get all the side effects but none of the benefits. This certainly happened to me when I started half minimum dose of Sertraline. So when he gave me mirtazapine I did what I was told and started straight away with 15 mg. No bad side effects apart from sleepy for the first couple or three weeks. Slept well almost straight away. The anxiety has lifted gradually and I feel that I am still improving week on week. But ...... Also increased oestrogel and testosterone so that may be helping too! Any questions please ask x

Gnatty

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2021, 06:37:19 PM »

For me btw joint pain was completely eliminated with hrt.

Nas

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2021, 06:45:42 PM »

Thanks both
I wish the Hrt would sort everything but I just can’t get it right. The patch isn’t really touching the anxiety and sleep issue, yet the next dose up, makes me feel quite ill! Hence the trial of oral HRT.

I would start the mirtazapine, but scared of any ill effects as I have to be on the ball at work and drive around a lot as I live semi rural.

Thanks again x
Pages: 1 [2] 3