Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HRT + Antidepressant  (Read 4696 times)

warwick01

Re: HRT + Antidepressant
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2021, 08:21:56 AM »

Hi Gnatty

I am using 3pumps some times 4 oestrogel with separate Utrogestran for 8 days. I have tried continuas Utro but doesn't work for me. For some reason the last 12 months I have hit a brick wall with my HRT I can;t seem to find the sweet spot I once had. I am 62 and thought things would have settled by now.

I just keep going Wxx 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2021, 09:05:03 AM »

:hug:  warwick01

Gnatty

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2021, 11:09:26 AM »

Hi Warwick, why don't you stick to 4 pumps of the gel so that you don't get fluctuations with changing from 3 to 4. Also are you now taking 15 mg Mirtazapine? Try and let everything stabilise for a few weeks and then reassess. You will hopefully notice a slow but steady improvement over the next few weeks x

Smokey

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2021, 03:52:50 PM »

Hi ladies

I’m on Mirtazipine 15mg, have been on it for a year had to change from a previous one which caused chronic constipation and wow is all I can say, I sleep all night every night, I have no side effects of this drug at all, no dry mouth nothing! Mood wise I felt instantly better the day after I started it!
Not like waiting for weeks for it to kick in like some.

I hope this helps if anyone is apprehensive about starting it.

Smokey (Ann)

Sickntired

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2021, 09:39:15 PM »

Hi, Im on Venlafaxine Sr and had been for a while .  It was 75mg  and i cut it in half as although i felt better after about the 3 months or so to level out i did feel a bit detached from my partner and lost motivation to finish a course i was doing at the time. 
I have a history of mental health problems, that said i have always functioned =parent, worker, social life.   Im 52 , when in my late 20s ,  for about 6 months i ended up in hospital my depression so bad i was told it was psychotic.  What i had was my first intrusive thought,  so loud and all encompassing i was terrified and begged for help, to end up that night in a locked ward.  It never happened again but set me on a path of OCD intrusive thinking which would be diagnosed too late (i had to figure it out myself through research before confirmed medically).   Over years it barely happens, long story short i strategise and i have learned the tricks to ignore it, stop it in its tracks or whatever dependant on my level at the time.  At the moment i am completely detached at times as recently suffered a bereavement,  i can feel that im far from feeling normal,  ive had thoughts but as i said they get cut off quickly as the rumination surrounding the thought that does as much harm.   If you can get CBT to tackle the anxiety ie challenge the thought to decrease the associated anxiety.    Over 33 years of anti depressant use i can tell you seldom does the medication work on that .  I think its one of those problems that have been assigned to depression and so linked to anti depressants  but not suitably researched in its own right and assigned its own specific treatment and meds.   
I have found menopause imbalance has increased some of my problems again.   I had to re apply for anti depressants after being off them because i was more angry , more negative , getting more black and white in my thinking,  i was scaring myself.  Unfortunately it was tail end of covid so getting to see my Meno dr was just not going to happen .  GP prescribed pills  which i was greatful for but i felt my hrt should be increased in dosage but thats just not forthcoming.   Despite dosage,  testosterone etc a lot of my symptoms are raising thier head = tiredness, brain  fog, dry scaly skin on my face,  itching.
So,  id say take a moderate dose but insist on CBT.    Best of luck

Sickntired

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2021, 10:12:17 PM »

I will add i have to take Vit D all of the time as discovered most of uk is deficient , which becomes a larger problem in winter with even less daylight.  Among other things this will significantly lower mood and cause tiredness.   I also found post bereavement,   i would still get 2 or 3 days of 'blunting', ,  which i could recognise as 'depressive' post point when a period would have happened, esp on the progesterone fortnight,  then ir would pass.  I vaguely remember a discussion with  a friend about the emotional blunting , she experienced it randomly, even  when her grandson was born.    Id love to hear others experience.

Sez

• First Flush
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2022, 12:50:59 PM »

Hi I’m only in my 30s on hrt patch’s and only a month been on antidepressants I’m feeling so low recently every little thing can’t cope with and being a mother is a blessing their the ones holding me up 🙏.
The symptoms are horrible , hoping to feel better soon can you give me any advice help me along anyone please 😊
Pages: 1 2 [3]