Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Crippling anxiety and noise sensitivity  (Read 26365 times)

Suzysheep

Re: Crippling anxiety and noise sensitivity
« Reply #360 on: November 05, 2021, 10:39:05 AM »

Hey Gwen,

It’s more or less gone yes. I don’t have adverse physical reactions anymore… but I can still pick out certain noises…. Like my husband’s heavy breathing… like Darth Vader… but it’s a minor irritation now, not panic inducing.
I must say, I’m more or less back to my old self now thanks to the venlafaxine.

How are you feeling?

gm_thomson

« Reply #361 on: November 06, 2021, 12:12:13 AM »

Thats fantastic! Glad you are feeling better Suzy! And you are still here  on the board, helping us, its so nice to hear someone is doing well and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Wonder how Michelle and Helen are doing…

I am actually doing surprisingly well, but i think its because i had a period for the first time in 6 months.. a couple weeks before my flashes went away and my anxiety dropped to low. No more dizziness or nothing! Still had the palpitations though. Anyway it was a bloodbath TMI Lol. It finished a few days ago and now I am waiting to see what happens now.. do all my symptoms come back or do i get another period or what? I cant believe my body found some dusty old eggs back there lol. Anyway I am enjoying the break and waiting to see… will keep you posted x

Michelle7474

« Reply #362 on: November 06, 2021, 08:12:55 AM »

Hi all

Glad your doing good suzy & Gwen sounds like your getting a break ..
I’m still doing good .. still not 100% but I’m getting there .. I get out & about more now but still have odd jittery days .. palpitations I get a lot of but I know it’s all to do with these hormones so I don’t threat about them too much.. so on a whole I’m doing better..

I wonder how Helen is also .. I hope she is having more good days

Good to hear that aniexty is low for us
Only thing really with me is these poxy headaches have become a monthly thing always after my period but I’m still cracking on.
I’ve not missed any periods yet Gwen so I have all that to come at somepoint .. lord help me lol
Take it easy every one .. I still pop on and read everything because I like to know how everyone is doing Xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #363 on: November 06, 2021, 03:35:16 PM »

I’m glad you’re getting a bit of a break Gwen… it just becomes so unpredictable though when periods start dwindling, and symptoms go up and down… it’s a rollercoaster! Keep us posted!

Michelle, I’m glad to hear you’re still doing well and getting out and about. I used to get headaches every month that would last 3 days no matter what I did or took… awful. I still get them occasionally, but not as much as when I was in peri.

Xxx

Hopeful

« Reply #364 on: November 06, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »

Hi Ladies
I am glad to hear that we all seem to be feeling so much better. I have almost no anxiety now  :) still not sleeping 100% but better than before. Seem to be tired a lot, and still get palpitations, but as Michelle says now I know they are not a problem I don’t worry about them so much, thinking maybe testosterone might help or maybe going back to the evoril conti I was on before, the femseven drives me mad as they keep falling off!

gm_thomson

« Reply #365 on: November 06, 2021, 11:59:38 PM »

Hi there! Its great to hear everyone is doing so well touch wood antijinx. I think I may have spoken a tad early though as last night and tonight I have felt a touch of anxiety and today I even had 2 flashes so it might be coming back. I hope though that I can handle it this time knowing that I pretty much have the all clear from the doctor. And I have emergency Ativan if I need it. It sounds like the meds are working for you guys too!

@Michelle I used to get bad period headaches (migraines really) too and I found taking 2 ibuprofen with a strong caffeinated coffee and lying down for an hour cleared them up for the day. The combo of coffee and pills seemed to work more than the pills on their own.

@Suzy are you in full menopause now?

@helen glad to hear your anxiety is almost gone, do you know why you arent sleeping well? Can you not get to sleep or keep waking up or?

Xxx

Hopeful

« Reply #366 on: November 07, 2021, 08:06:24 AM »

Hi Gwen
I’m sure you slight anxiety will soon pass, I think it is only natural to have small fluctuations in mood, I am feeling a little down  at the moment ( maybe winter blues)but not anxious so can cope with that.
I can get to sleep ok but wake after about 4/5 hours then have broken sleep. This would normally be fine but at the moment I am feeling very tired not sure why.
It’s all so difficult to understand, but feel so much better than a month ago, so hoping I can make further progress.

gm_thomson

« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2021, 12:00:56 AM »

Is always the same time you wake up? I was waking up every day around 5am and didnt know why until we got a ring doorbell and turns out my neighbour would go to work around that time every day, and the lights and/or noise would wake me up.

Suzysheep

« Reply #368 on: November 22, 2021, 09:14:25 AM »

How is everyone doing?

I’ve been ok… but mum has just been diagnosed with vascular dementia, so I’m pretty down about that. I’m feeling pretty anxious about the future. X

Michelle7474

« Reply #369 on: November 22, 2021, 09:55:57 AM »

Hi Suzy
Good to hear you have been ok in yourself
I’m sorry to hear about your mums diagnosis.. I can understand you feeling low & anxious about it
Just take each day as it comes and try not to worry too much about the future

I’ve been ok but this week I’m jittery and feel nervous but I’m due this week so I know it’s all hormones it as to be ,  but apart from that have had good days and getting out and about more and visiting people blah blah still have blips and wouldn’t say I’m back to 100% yet but so much better than when we was both struggling on here.

Suzy I know you will be ok as you seem a strong lady , try not to think to much about the future .. take each day as it comes sending hugs Xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #370 on: November 22, 2021, 11:07:33 AM »

Thanks Michelle xx

I’m glad you’re feeling more like your old self… just go with the blips, you know they will pass.

Xxx

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]