Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Crippling anxiety and noise sensitivity  (Read 26367 times)

Suzysheep

Re: Crippling anxiety and noise sensitivity
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2021, 05:36:50 PM »

Thankyou Dee.

I went out for a nice walk today with my husband, son and dog. It was going great for the first 15 minutes, then the anxiety set back in full throttle and I couldn’t get home fast enough. I felt bad for making them cut their walk short, but needed to be home.

I’ve not been on the citalopram for a week yet, so I suppose it’s going to be a while until I get the benefit.

Who knew what hormones could do to us  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2021, 05:57:27 PM »

U got out.  I often left the house 2 return really fast.  Confused the dog no end  ::).  I would also run from shopping centres, always to the car so that DH could finish the buying.

It takes a while for the medication to take effect, be kind to yourselves! 

EllaAurora

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2021, 06:18:50 PM »

Thankyou Dee.

I went out for a nice walk today with my husband, son and dog. It was going great for the first 15 minutes, then the anxiety set back in full throttle and I couldn’t get home fast enough. I felt bad for making them cut their walk short, but needed to be home.

I’ve not been on the citalopram for a week yet, so I suppose it’s going to be a while until I get the benefit.

Who knew what hormones could do to us  :'(

Hormonal anxiety is horrible and so many of us suffer from it so you're not alone. And you went out, no matter if only for 15 minutes, that's already great and as you keep going even if it feels bad, eventually brain will 'get' that there's nothing to be scared of and anxiety should subside or at least become more manageable. Take good care of yourself!! xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2021, 03:07:01 PM »

Yes, managed a longer walk today. Felt wobbly and anxious, but the strong sensation of fight or flight was down a notch.

I still have elevated noise sensitivity though. Every time I hear a tiny sniff my stomach flips.  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2021, 04:34:13 PM »

That's over all anxiety.  When in a panic attack my sense of smell is much finer, any noise is louder  >:(.  How did U feel once home?

Suzysheep

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2021, 05:51:03 PM »

I still feel anxious and sensitive at home.

Suzysheep

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2021, 05:53:39 PM »

I have a dr appointment Thursday. I’m in two minds to ask for different HRT. My biggest concern is that if the next lot aren’t right, I’ll have to go through this all again coming off them…. Or, if they are right, I’ll have to come off them at some point too as it’s not advised to stay on them forever!
I absolutely hate feeling like this, it’s just so overwhelming…..
and the noise sensitivity has not lessened at all!

I ordered the loop ear plugs, but they are shipped from the Netherlands and are yet to arrive.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2021, 07:09:16 PM »

So : put the idea that HRT has 2 B stopped eventually out of your mind.  That's old hat.  Even if GPs still believe it, would they stop diabetic or heart medication?

Think about what U have tried thus far and for which symptom.  How much has it helped/not. 

Suzysheep

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2021, 12:36:03 PM »

The loop earplugs arrived a couple of days ago.. I must say I’m a bit disappointed in them. I can still hear everything I don’t want to… but they do dull the sounds a little. For me they are a 5/10. Don’t waste your money! X

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2021, 01:37:22 PM »

MayB you R focussed on noise so they don't rule it all enough.  I have tinnitus today  >:( both ears ringing gently, slightly away from my head. 

Do U sing?

Suzysheep

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2021, 04:29:03 PM »

I’m sorry to hear about your tinnitus today. Is that menopause related?

No…. I don’t sing. My voice is not like that of an angel! Lol

One thing I’ve started doing for the last couple of days is sea swimming. I’m not a big fan of the sea and being cold, but a friend invited me and said it was really helping her mental health, so I took the plunge ( excuse the pun) and I’ve come back feeling pretty good.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2021, 05:04:05 PM »

:-X.  There mayB beasties in that sea  :o

Tinnitus - could be related to my age, especially as I didn't spend my younger nights at loud music venues.  MayB the Eustachian tubes have narrowed.

Suzysheep

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2021, 03:27:16 PM »

I try not to think of what might be in there with me! I really recommend it to anyone with mental health problems or any menopause symptoms at all. It doesn’t take it away, but it’s bracing and the cold feels like it’s calming. I go in feeling anxious and come out feeling so much better.

I hope your tinnitus has improved today x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2021, 03:56:38 PM »

Tnx it was loud until mid-afternoon.  Now background.  I often wonder how long my ears have been 'ringing' B4 I notice  ::)

Suzysheep

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2021, 09:48:39 AM »

So yesterday was a better day… I think I over did it… by the evening I was an anxious mess again and my sound sensitivity was so high I was miserable.
Today I’ve woken up just the same. My anxiety has sky rocketed. I’ve got a phone call with the steps to well-being mental health team at 12, and I think I’m really anxious about that too. Just feeling so sick and jittery today.
Sigh.
Bitterly regretting trying HRT. I feel stupid that I believed all the hype around it that it was the cure all… it’s left me a total wreck.
I’m anxious around my husband in case he breathes in a certain way that makes my tummy flip. My heart is broken because he is my soul mate. We’ve been together for nearly 30 years… how can this happen?

Sorry to vent…. Today is a hard day  :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25