Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Post menopause & Confused re how much Oestrogen required  (Read 1153 times)

warwick01

Post menopause & Confused re how much Oestrogen required
« on: August 15, 2021, 08:12:27 AM »

Hi

I read post menopause women should NOT need high dose Oestrogen as it's not required. I am confused as to why?? my GP told me at 62 I should reduce to 2 pumps of Oestrogel but I am suffering with worse symptoms ie sweating mid morning, sweating and insomnia during the night along with low mood.

Any post menopause ladies understand??

Dotty

Re: Post menopause & Confused re how much Oestrogen required
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 10:57:21 AM »

Hi I think the advice from Dr Newson is that you need as much oestrogen as you need to control yr symptoms. I’m 57 and use 4 pumps of Oestrogel . A friend of mine is 67 and uses 5 pumps. x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 11:05:33 AM »

Hello Warwick 01

My Newson Health doctor said that it is not how much you use but how much you absorb that controls symptoms.

As I continue to have mood problems I suspect she will suggest I increase to 6 pumps. That is a lot of gel for someone who is 64 and eleven years post meno! I will see what she says at my next appointment.

Take care.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 01:08:20 PM »

Kathleen, Dotty

Thank you for your replies. To be honest what you say makes sense. 2 pumps are obviously not enough for me. Also do you find the closer you get to the end of container, it seems weaker and a little more runny??

Thanks Again Wx

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 06:40:34 PM »

Can't help with that, but do you know if you're absorbing ok, from testing? Seems to be the most important thing!