Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Valerian root  (Read 3763 times)

EllaAurora

Valerian root
« on: August 03, 2021, 05:57:12 PM »

Hello ladies,
I'm not usually much into herbs, but have understood valerian root seems to be quite popular and should work for insomnia, possibly also for anxiety. Interested to hear if anyone has tried for hormonal anxiety an/or insomnia and if any experiences to share?
Thanks in advance!
xxx

EllaAurora

Re: Valerian root
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 01:14:13 PM »

Hi Avalon, thanks! Are there any herbs you've found particularly helpful for anxiety? I know we're all different but still interesting to hear what may have worked for someone else.
Take care, xxx

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »

I would think Ashwagandha would be worth a try. It's an adaptogen so it tries to regulate the maladaptive stress response? Also, fresh lemon balm leaves as a tea can be very soothing indeed. A former counsellor of mine used to make a pot for me for my sessions. I think you can get dried versions in teabags or leaves, but not sure if as effective. Still worth a try! These things take ages to show progress where that's possible, so best to persevere and not chop and change too frequently so that whether something is working or not gets the chance to prove itself. Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 02:10:31 PM by Postmeno3 »

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 11:47:01 AM »

Spooky....or maybe not! 😊

EllaAurora

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 04:09:41 PM »

Hello ladies,
I wanted to report my experience with valerian root as I've tried it now occasionally and finding some benefit -small but still worth mentioning.
I currently struggle with getting a full night sleep and I wake up most nights somewhere around 3-5am..lately usually closer to 5, which I suppose is an improvement. If I don't fall asleep within 15 min, I am taking a valerian root tablet and find it may help a bit with getting back to sleep. I feel it relaxes muscles in a nice way and may give this little extra push towards back to sleep. It doesn't work 100% of times, but more often than not which is already something.

Hope you're getting on well! xxx