Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Transvaginal scan  (Read 1606 times)

Padine

Transvaginal scan
« on: July 30, 2021, 02:56:12 PM »

Last November I had an MRI scan on my back and they picked up a shadow on my cervix. Consultant said try not to worry, if there’s anything wrong, they’ve found it early. Then in Jan I had a gynaecology hospital visit which turned into 90 mins of sheer pain and distress while the registrar (inexperienced I’m now thinking) poked about to get cells from my cervix. The gynae consultant was called to “finish off the process” and once I was dressed she told me my cervix was very tightly shut (as in many post menopausal women) and my womb was back to front. (I was relieved they didn’t think I was being uncooperative!) She said she would call me for a TV scan in 4 months just to check my ovaries and womb but was certain all would be well.
With Covid et al I’ve had 2 cancelled appointments in last 6 weeks but finally have a scan this Tuesday at a different hospital. If I need further checks it will be a hysteroscopy (under GA) the gynae consultant said I would not be put through the traumatic time I had in Jan.
Are they looking for cancer? Is there anything else that could be wrong? Is the hysteroscopy very invasive? I feel so ignorant of my own body.