Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 869 times)

mrsh2367

• First Flush
Hello
« on: August 02, 2021, 06:38:59 PM »

Hello, newbie here.
I am pretty sure I am perimenopausal, I have the merina coil in and it is due to be changed this month. I was told during my last smear test that I wasn't to mention that I think i may be perimenopausal as they may not give me a replacement one.
My symptoms include:
Total loss of libido
Mood swings (I can honestly say I never noticed, it was others who mentioned it)
Crawling skin at times, especially in the evening after a day of work (my husband blames this on whatever I have eaten)
Due to my coil my periods stopped, but I used to have monthly period symptoms, and now I am lucky if I get them every few months, I never get the sore boobs that I used to have.
My memory is absolutely shocking, and I have to really concentrate on things otherwise I get easily side tracked.
I asked the doctor the last time I saw them, and for obvious reasons I haven't seen one in the past year, but the last time I saw him, he said I was too young to be thinking of this, at the time I was 43 and I am now on the verge of turning 45, I have been told my mum was in her mid 40's when she was going through it, and my younger sister has visited her doctor who believes she is going through it.
Anyway, if you've made it through that, thank you and hopefully I will get some answers.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 06:44:31 PM »

The fist thing is  :welcomemm:

The 2nd is no one is ever 'too young' to be in peri-menopause which can begin 10+ years prior to our periods finally stopping.  So don't let your health provider fob you off with anti-depressant medication!

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out - skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina, scalp.  Muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

My insteps itched when I took off my socks each night for years.  I would wake in the night with one heel scratching the other  ::).  DH has itchy skin so we both use 'Nivea' on the various parts of dryness.  He does my feet and heels.

Do read our 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.  4 warned if 4 armed ;-).  Ask away.  We don't bite.

Some find that they require a Mirena coil - do read those threads too.  If the 'search' doesn't work for you, let us know.