Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie - Oestrogel & Utrogestan  (Read 1058 times)

Sparklysilver

• First Flush
Newbie - Oestrogel & Utrogestan
« on: July 20, 2021, 03:47:29 PM »

Hi

I'm Mandy just finished my first month of HRT.

I'm 48, perimenopause and have been suffering with symptoms for approx. last 3-4 years. 

Symptoms got really bad this last year, struggling to even exercise my joints and muscles ached constantly, hot flushes, head aches, memory really bad, brain fog, feeling down, putting on weight around my middle, dizzy, breast tenderness, then I saw the program with Davina in all about the menopause and HRT and booked up with Doctor straight away.  (I had been to doctor about 5 years ago when periods started to get really heavy but they didn't really want to know).

I had a period November 2020 and then nothing until May 2021 and then again in June 2021, then I went onto HRT. (in 2020 my periods were all over the place, missing months and very light).

Doctor has put me on Oestrogel 2 pumps per day and Utrogestan 1 daily 1-25 days.

I felt a lot better with hot flushes, memory, brain fog and muscles, joints within 2 weeks.  Then when I got to day 26 of missing the Utrogestan for 3 days, got really bad period pains and very low mood.  I'm back on day 2 of Utrogestan of second month and still have bad cramps but no period.  Just wondering if this is normal?  Or do I need to ask for my dose to be changed ?  Doctor had said to give it 3 months and then review.

So glad I found this forum, it has so much information on.

Thanks.   :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Newbie - Oestrogel & Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 10:02:05 AM »

Hi SS.

Glad you’ve found us.
I’m just boosting your post up and hopefully someone will respond.

:welcomemm:

Xx

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 10:28:43 AM »

Hi SparklySilver
If you are post menopause then you can't take the Utrogestan every day....that's the up to date guidance.

You may find that you get breakthrough bleeding as you hadn't gone 12 months without  period, but give it a go and see how you get on. x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 11:33:30 AM »

Taking utro for 25 days a month can work well in late peri when periods are sporadic but if you still have have fairly frequent cycles of your own you might be better on a sequi regime, 200mg utro days 15-26 and bleed 2-3days later.

wwwendy

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »

Hi Sparkly Silver (great name) I am also new to this website and also at the beginning of HRT jouney. I also saw  the Davina programme (link sent to me by my lovely husband as we were at breaking point!!) and have lots of questions and uncertainty how this website works. I've been prescribed Utrogestan 100 1-25 days and the gel sandrena, I'm 50 and my periods were irregular. If it is any help my first month I felt like superwoman, my kids were joyful to have their mum back but my second month has not felt so great? I've got loads of questions so don't want to jump on your post but just wanted to say Hi and hope we can share how we are feeling to get ourselves to a better place. xx