Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 795 times)

Heatherwiniarski

• First Flush
« on: July 05, 2021, 09:38:36 PM »

Hi I am a new member I'm not sure if I am doing this right but I just started HRT 2 weeks ago and I'm struggling with the fear that washes over me and the dredd I get I am 49 and I guess this has went on for a while until I gave in and called the doctor

Cookie25

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 09:46:15 PM »

Hi Lovely

Welcome  :-*

Was this happening before the hrt or only since? Others might come along with good advice on how to combat these feelings.

I get it in the early hours. Sometimes I can stick on my kindle and read and that's enough to distract me, but other times I wake my husband to cuddle me, and the worst night I had him checking under the bed and all around the house for an intruder. He does what I ask so that I feel reassured, so I'm very grateful to him.

I hope you find coping mechanisms too to help until the hrt kicks in xxxxx

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 10:05:48 PM »

It's very early days yet, my anxiety took 3 months to go. I saw no improvement at all until the second months and then it was very up and down. I think you need to give it more time.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 06:56:52 AM »

Hi Heather & welcome to the forum,sorry to hear you're not feeling so good,like Sheila says,it can sometimes take a while for anxiety to subside,if after another few weeks you see no difference,go back to your Dr,you may need to change or alter the HRT you're on. Anxiety is crippling,had it myself for quite a while but thankfully it's gone now,good luck