Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Fibromyalgia - new research re auto-immune possibility  (Read 1441 times)

Taz2

Fibromyalgia - new research re auto-immune possibility
« on: July 02, 2021, 09:53:17 AM »

As a fibro person I find this research gives me hope that, one day, there may be a cure! https://www.healtheuropa.eu/fibromyalgia-most-likely-a-disease-of-the-immune-system-say-researchers/109661/ 

Taz x  :)

Limpy

Re: Fibromyalgia - new research re auto-immune possibility
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 10:01:18 AM »

Given that it can be difficult to differentiate between fibro and MS during initial diagnosis an auto-immune link makes lots of sense. Just off to read the link.....

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 10:06:47 AM »

I've forwarded this to a dear friend whose life is so blighted by Fibro, Taz. It's her birthday today. What a gift! Thanks! x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 10:07:42 AM »

You're welcome Postmeno3! Happy Birthday to your friend.  :cake:

I think there has to be a link there somewhere due to the fact that anything that disrupts my immune system such as surgery, illness, vaccinations causes my fibro to flare up so surely that has to mean something.

Taz x

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 01:54:02 PM »

Thanks, Taz. I see in the article in the Guardian about it, they want to develop things further to see if it's attributable to M.E. which I and several others live with on here. This, they feel, could then lead on to supporting Long Covid (parallels of which are now being drawn with M.E.), so this is most encouraging all round. At last! 😊