Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestran daily?  (Read 644 times)

Letmein

Utrogestran daily?
« on: June 25, 2021, 12:19:25 PM »

A quick technical question. I'm fully menopausal, have been for 3 years.

Been prescribed sandrena gel and utrogestran. 100mg for 10 days per month vaginally. This was under the care of private consultant due to previous poor management with progesterone.

To my complete dismay, I'm actually tolerating ultragestan brilliant this time so now on day 13 and wishing to continue. My GP is adamant that it's only for 25 days a month with a break of 5 days. I thought that wasn't necessary and could take daily. Will have a period if I stop for 5 days? I don't want one! Can I continue with it without a break?

sheila99

Re: Utrogestran daily?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 12:38:52 PM »

It's supposed to be a 3 day break as it's a 28 day cycle. The idea is that if there's been any build up it gives you a chance to bleed. Many people find it easier to take it every day. Maybe try the 3 day break for 3 months and if you don't bleed take it every day?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 12:40:58 PM by sheila99 »

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 12:42:21 PM »

Hi you can take it every day. x

Letmein

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »

That's great thank you.

LadyCC

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 03:02:24 PM »

Hi

I have been taking it 1-25 days with a 3 day break, but my practitioner has asked me to take it continually for a period of 2-3 months with no break.  So yes, it can be done but not sure if its advisable long term or of course for everyone.  Im sure others on here will give some guidance too.

Traceylr

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 04:46:14 PM »

hi there,
I take 100mg cap vaginally every day , no break and have done for last 4 years. No side effects , suits me extremely well. Hope it works for you too .