Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weight gain!!!  (Read 3759 times)

Lisa J T

Re: Weight gain!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 09:32:46 PM »

Are you on the patches?. My dose is 75??

I know because of my age I will be on them for at least 15 years im just so worried about my weight if in 18 months I have gained this much?

I want to love my menopause body as frankly I think us women are bloody amazing with what we go through.... I just cant at the moment

NicolaJ

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 05:47:29 AM »

Hi. I have come to the conclusion that HRT has definitely made me gain weight. I have increased despite significantly increasing my running and eating a balanced diet and within a 12 hour period. I am doing more exercise than I have done in my life yet I’ve put on so much. I ripped my patch off last week as I couldn’t stand the weight gain any more and have lost 4 pounds in four days!

Excuse my ignorance im still learning - what patch, is that oestrogen or progesterone?

I was using Evorel Sequi patches so that’s oestrogen only for two weeks then oestrogen and progesterone for two weeks

NicolaJ

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2021, 05:52:13 AM »

I totally totally agree ! And have been waiting to see a post about this….I have been on Gel and Mirena and now changed to Utrogeston for five years ….would say I’m now post meno ….always weighed below nine stone and am now over 10stone ….don’t eat rubbish hardly drink …still exercise and no matter what I do it will not budge ….I look at least five months pregnant !! I’m so fed up with it …. I just don’t know what to do it’s like a viscous circle ….when I was coming to the end of my Mirena I cut my gel use down to a couple of times a week and did notice some weight loss ….but now I’m on Utrogeston I’m constantly bloated,tearful,sluggish and depressed. I don’t think I can take the two hormones together constantly …. But we can’t take the Estrogen unopposed …. I am at my wits end
Anyway thanks for posting this at least I know I’m not alone ….

It’s so awful isn’t it. I bought a box of Femarelle Recharge yesterday after reading on here about them. I am sick and tired of trying different HRT regimes only to have the same thing with weight, including bloating.

Doingmyheadin

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2021, 12:25:07 PM »

It’s just relieving to read that this is “A thing” you start to think its just you and you are being moany/lazy/greedy……when I know I’m not ….we are all basically just winging it aren’t we…..armed with all our info we are all still winging it  …..

Lisa J T

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 12:44:40 PM »

Yeah I get so sad about at and think what am I doing wrong and should this be happening.... to be honest I didnt know much about menopause until I had my op and I am still learning about it now. I dont think its talked about enough... of you asked me 2 years what it was I would of said hot flushes and thats it. Its a lot more the physical and mental changes are crazy.

I'm going to talk to my Dr about the weight gain if it doesn't calm down soon.... and thats if I remember too hahhaha menopause brain is the worst

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2021, 05:44:12 PM »

Hi Lisa, I just wanted to replay to you and say that I totally know how you feel. I'm 39 and started my journey 6/7 yrs ago. I was diagnosed with POI just over 2 years ago. I started HRT in December (coil and patches) and Idid start gaining weight......but I had been gaining weight with about 2 years before that going from 8 and half stone to 11 stone or a size 8/10 to a now size 14. Interestingly enough, I changed my patches to tablets not too long ago and I started losing weight......unfortunately I had to stop the tablets as they were giving me awful headaches and fuzzy head and dizziness. So I'm going back to my GP to try something else in the coming weeks.
It is awful going through this so young or at any age really. It just feels so much harder when you see your friends enjoying themselves and not understanding what you are going through. Feel free to message anytime. I hate being the moaning grumpy one. Totally not my normal self. Physical and mental symptoms are awful. Take care of yourself.

Lisa J T

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2021, 09:34:09 PM »

Hello,

Wow I really really needed that reply. I feel sometimes I'm just being dramatic and I feel so bad on my friends as all I seem to do is moan and have issues.

Crazy about the weight... im gonna call my Dr as I'm only 5 foot so definitely over weight now... I just need to hear that the weight gain is going to slow down or there is something I can do about it.

I often think about coming off the patches but I know mentally that's not a good idea

How comes yoy have had early menopause.. if you don't mind me asking

Xx

Harmony

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2021, 03:33:12 PM »

I gained weight fast on HRT - over 1/2 stone in 10 weeks, so I stopped it as I didn't feel any better for it. I didn't change my diet or exercise at all, so it was definitely the HRT. I've found by far the easiest and most effective thing for losing weight is intermittent fasting, doing 16:8 - that's fasting for 16 hours with an 8 hour eating window. I also did 3 days a week on about 800 calories, and "normal" but sensible eating the other 4 days. I was pretty hungry for about the first week on my "fasting" days, but it's surprising how your body adapts, and after a couple of weeks it was much easier. I ate twice a day, between about 2 and 10pm, I find that if I don't eat till later, I'm much less hungry. I read the Kate Harrison 5:2 Diet book, and the Michael Mosley Fast Diet for info and motivation, both very good and easy to read.

I lost weight much faster than calorie counting with 3 meals a day, plus a few snacks. I lost about 3 pounds a week instead of 1/2 pound a week with cc. I lost weight off my abdomen too, usually it comes off everywhere but my stomach! 😬 I felt better than I had for years too, more energy and a general feeling of wellbeing.

One of the reasons why it's so effective is because less insulin is circulating, which is the fat storage hormone. Every time you eat your pancreas releases insulin, so the more often you eat, the more insulin you release. Unfortunately I struggle with overeating for emotional reasons and out of boredom, so have been on and off it a few times. I'm about to give it another go, I've got into really bad eating habits due to lockdown through loneliness, and not having anything better to do, so have put on quite a bit of weight. 🙁  I know a couple of other people who've had great success with it too, and also find it much easier than traditional dieting, so I'd encourage anyone to give it a go.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 03:44:33 PM by Harmony »

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2021, 04:48:29 PM »

Hi Lisa J T,

Sorry for the delay in replying.  My email sends these notifications to junk mail and unless i check it regularly I miss them.  I don't know why I am in early menopause.  As far as I am aware, it does not run in the family on either side of the family.  But, then again people didn't talk about those things years ago.  I have 2 sisters and they so far have been fine-one is almost 2 years older than me and the other is 4 years younger than me.  They seem to be enjoying life as normal.  I am very jealous.  My aunts say they were fine and my mom says she can't remember hers-the rest of the family seem to remember differently  ::)  Has HRT helped you mentally?  What were your worst symptoms? I hope when I return to my GP that I find the holy grail of HRT.  Ive had a very rough 6/7 years and being a single parent it has been difficult on my child too.  It has made me more understanding and more patient for the majority of the time and I try to not judge people anymore as you never know what somebody else is going through.  I do talk openly about it to friends but I don't want to be the one they start avoiding for always moaning.  Plus I can comments to heart now-sensitive. So, I throw myself into working all week and just try to pass the days hoping it will get better.  It has been a hard road and I know I should be on HRT until my fifties at least to help my heart, bones etc.  So.  I must keep trying to find the right one that suits.  Feel free to private message.
Take care.  :)

Lisa J T

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2021, 02:35:19 AM »

I am soooo lucky my kids have been really really understanding with it. I would say my worst symptoms were the suicide thoughts and weight gain... HRT has helped mentally but not physically.... my breasts constantly hurt as well.
Yeah so odd as anyone i ask who have been through it seem to say it was easy!!! My friends are now dresding going through it because how bad I tell them it is 🙈

Gilla999

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2021, 06:15:55 AM »

Just like to add that nothing is worse than hearing women (including my mum) who "sailed through the menopause" making you feel like it's in your head / you're being difficult. Honestly without this forum I don't know what I would have done - a good 60% of the knowledge and education I have has been gained through this forum in one way or another. This post has also been so reassuring to me, to know I'm not the only one who gained a rapid amount of weight on HRT (a stone in 8 weeks). It has stabilised now (hope that gives others some reassurance) but it literally will not shift at all - from the reading I've done it's caused by excess estrogen slowing down your metabolism.

Also Harmony thanks for the fasting recommendation - think I might give it a try!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 06:18:46 AM by Gilla999 »

Hurdity

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2021, 05:47:40 PM »

I've found by far the easiest and most effective thing for losing weight is intermittent fasting, doing 16:8 - that's fasting for 16 hours with an 8 hour eating window.

Harmony - may I ask are you counting the 16:8 as intermittent fasting and do you lose weight by doing this every day? I'm also struggling with my weight (put on about half a stone over lockdown) so need to get rid of it. Trying to eat breakfast late at the moment....but perhpas should be stricter

Hurdity x

Lisa J T

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2021, 06:16:05 AM »

I am going to attempt a diet and see how i feel... thing is I wint weigh myself so have to go on how I feel and clothes fitting me.

I need to buy new bras although they are more like small planets than breasts at mo... ive never seen anything so big lol

Does anyone suffer woth breast pain????

Gilla999

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2021, 08:22:50 PM »

I've started the fasting (day 3) but am going to work my way up to the 16:18 - starting with 12:12 and will increase as I get more comfortable in a routine with it. Got woken up at 4:30am this morning as was absolutely starving so definitely will need a bit of time to get it right!

Lisa yes I suffer from gigantic swollen painful boobs- it's a big symptom for me!

Lisa J T

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2021, 11:35:31 PM »

Let me know how you get on with the fasting... ive barely eaten the last week.. appetite has gone... im sure it will be back soon... but will be interesting to see if my clothes start feeling better.

Lol bloody breasts.... at least I know that's normal as Google says its not
Pages: 1 [2]