Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Blood test results  (Read 1357 times)

lizzog

Blood test results
« on: July 09, 2021, 12:41:18 PM »

I had some bloods taken about a month ago and have the results back from those.  Dr has asked me to have them checked again and am just waiting for those.
One of them is TSH (is this thyroid??) and the result is 1.3 (normal range[0.27 - 4.2] apparently).  Does this sound ok?
Obviously will check with GP next week when the repeat tests come in.
As far as I know she has run a full blood count and checking my hormone levels - 55 yo on HRT and she said my results showed that I am post menopausal.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Blood test results
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 02:12:53 PM »

Post menopausal ........ peri is the years leading up to the menopause which is literally the last monthly period.  Some have symptoms which continue ........ but we are in menopause for life once periods stop.  Mine waxed and waned for years ............ then suddenly I realised they had finished. 

Why didn't your GP explain the results  :-\.  There doesn't seem to be any joined up thinking these days - they really aren't that busy, if so they should ask the patient back for discussion. 

Hormone level tests are reliability unreliable ..........

How do U feel overall?  Do U feel supported? 

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 04:27:52 PM »

I feel ok but my skin is v dry and I do feel pretty tired- wondered if I had a thyroid issue and if my range was normal? I know they can be unreliable as the hormone levels can be. My GP said as I was older (55) the hormone results would be more reliable but I get that they fluctuate.
I’m going to call them next week for a thorough explanation of the results but just wondering if anyone had similar results or knowledge of if they are ok

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 05:13:59 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

Do U have a history of thyroid problems?