Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 2nd AstraZenica side effects  (Read 6505 times)

linz57

Re: 2nd AstraZenica side effects
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 07:52:17 PM »

I had my first  AZ jab in March and developed frequent urination around day 10. After my second one on May 18th this got worse and I was getting up 5 or 6 times in the night to go to the loo. At the time I thought my VA was returning but now I’m
convinced it’s connected to the vaccine. My doctor of course says it’s overactive bladder syndrome due to my age 😡but I don’t buy that. I was perfectly ok before having the vaccine and I’m hoping things resolve in the not too distant future .
Not going as often now but I have been taking ibuprofen to calm things down. I mentioned this to my mum last week and she too has had the same problem and so has a friend of mine.
I also had bad fatigue and muscle/joint aches for a couple of weeks after my second dose.... none with the first.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:52:51 PM by linz57 »

Dierdre

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 08:15:41 AM »

Booked my 2nd dose for Tuesday, missed it as was on holiday so this is week 15 nearly. Really dont want it, caused so much anxiety the first time worrying about blood clots etc (my dad died when i was 8 years old from coronary thrombosis so its a fear engrained in my mind).
I had covid in the March of the first lockdown and ive read if youve had covid the first dose acts as the booster so the same  as having 2 doses and the 2nd may not be needed.  If they offered the Pfizer id feel better but that wont happen so ill just have to hope im ok!

Iris67

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2021, 01:22:34 PM »

Yes Jaypo - there's an article in the Times saying 4000 women have noticed effects on their periods - it has been ridiculed though basically saying that anyone can report on the Yellow Card system so it's meaningless. I trust women's anecdotal evidence. We know our own bodies.

I have a clotting disorder and I have noticed my gums/cuts etc bleeding more than normal.

Heron

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 08:21:22 PM »

I tried reporting after second jab but the system failed me.
Minimal, if any, side effects after first jab. Not even a sore arm.
Two days after second jab had a totally unexpected vaginal bleed. 2+ years post menopausal.
I’ve reported to my GP but haven’t heard anything back. It’s been 3 weeks now and no more symptoms so I’m hoping that was it 🤷‍♀️
I’m worried because my DIL, early 30’s, has her first AZ tomorrow.

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2021, 06:09:41 AM »

Your DIL should have the Pfizer as she's under 40 in the UK.
I had my 2nd dose of AZ Tuesday, just felt tired next day, my arm only ached a little this time although i had aching again under the opposite armpit, assumed swollen lymph nodes and was back at work next day. Still worried about the clots, the new leaflets given with the jab says they can occur between 4 days and 4 weeks  so im anxious with every ache and pain in my legs again. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:24:24 AM by Dierdre »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2021, 02:56:34 PM »

Unexpected bleeding has been reported World wide following vaccines.  Keep trying the yellow card system and let the centre know where you had the jab?

Your GP could do a blood clotting test Dierdre?

Artmouse

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 02:01:03 PM »

I'm not sure if this is connected but exactly a month after my 2nd astrazenca jab I had a return of menopause symptoms...uti type symptoms, hot flushes waking me up at night and happening multiple times during the day, really low mood (almost suicidal), joint aches fiercer than ever.. all going crazy now  :'( It's like someone flicked the menopause switch!

I was on Utrogrestan and Estrogel for about 2 years, mostly for insomnia and anxiety.  Stopped 18 months ago as wasn't convinced they were helping much.   Things weren't too bad overall with sleep so I thought perhaps all of that fun is over now that I'm 57....yeah right.

I've made an appointment with the GP to ask if she can re-activate the prescription and am using some that I had left over in the meantime. 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2021, 02:04:05 PM »

That sounds like menopause symptoms may have been triggered by the jab., which symptom would you like to ease first?  R U using appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment regularly, this is for Life to keep the vagina healthy. 

Artmouse

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2021, 02:20:00 PM »

It would be great if the low mood could go first I think, am seriously considering having therapy. 

I did use Vagifem for about 5 months daily and it made no difference to getting up multiple times at night to go to the loo, to be honest I've given up on that one and am just hoping it will go by itself one day!  Have thought about doing pelvic floor exercises but have read that if the muscles are actually too tight these exercises make things worse so not sure.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2021, 02:23:20 PM »

Vaginal atrophy is unlikely to go - have you been diagnosed ?   VA mimics the need to pee really really well, feeling like repeated urine infection-type symptoms.  I suggest that you try 'ovestin' and top that up with a pain relief 3 times a day which will relieve that need2P feeling until the 'ovestin' kicks in.  Well not literally  :kick: but U probably understand  :D

U could also see a women's health physiotherapy ......... mayB appropriate pelvic floor exercise might help. Let us know.

Artmouse

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2021, 02:28:14 PM »

Thanks, maybe I will ask the GP to refer me to a women's physio and try Ovestin.  I get quite anxious about GP appointments, am dreading it.  If find them really dismissive and unhelpful sometimes...

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2021, 02:35:39 PM »

Have a list to take to the appt and mayB ask to see a Nurse rather than a GP, perhaps make a double appt.?  Would this be easier on the 'phone? 

Artmouse

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2021, 02:50:22 PM »

Nurses are not able to prescribe anything and all appointments are phone only (I suspect this will be a permanent thing).

I've had some bad experiences with GP's and to be honest I want nothing at all to do with them unless there is no choice.  Sorry to sound so negative!  Just thinking about it makes me feel bad.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2021, 02:59:12 PM »

Nurse Practitioners are able to prescribe.  GPs cannot not see patients: I stated this in another thread, it would be illegal as the public pay their wages.

Artmouse

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2021, 03:10:12 PM »

It's not that the GP won't see me, it's that they are frequently unhelpful and dismissive.  We have one Nurse Practitioner who works part time, I've never been able to get an appointment with her as she is very busy. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3