Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 2nd AstraZenica side effects  (Read 6529 times)

Iris67

2nd AstraZenica side effects
« on: June 13, 2021, 07:38:01 PM »

I had my second jab today - 12 weeks after the first. I had a terrible time with the first one and I am beside myself with worry for this time. I also have a clotting disorder and I'm worried for obvious reasons there.

Has anyone else had a good/bad experience with their 2nd Astra?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 2nd AstraZenica side effects
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 07:46:08 PM »

Did U discuss your worries B4 agreeing to the 2nd vaccine?   We had reactions to the 1st AZ, nothing with the 2nd 6 weeks ago.

marge

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 08:02:50 PM »

Flu like symptoms with the first AZ vaccine, nothing with the second.

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 08:34:54 PM »

Nothing with first, exhaustion with second.
Hope you will be ok

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 08:54:59 PM »

I had mine on Friday and much, much better than the first. Headache Fri night and sat but not a bad one, felt wiped out yesterday but today I'm OK. Sore arm still but it's not as stiff as last time.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 10:48:06 PM »

My OH went to bed after first AZ as he felt so rough, second one he had no side effects. Me and my teen daughter had Pfizer both fine first one and more side effects with second.

Debs165

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 03:59:14 AM »

I had my second Astra Zeneca jab 7 weeks sgo, just felt really tired. I am on blood thinners for clots and was really worried about having the second jab but after speaking with the nurse decided have it and am glad I did

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 05:48:52 AM »

Fine after the first jab, headache for 5 days after the second, then fine.

Salad

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 08:31:48 AM »

A long list with the first- fatigue with the second

Iris67

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 04:07:20 PM »

So I was ok on the day yesterday...massively fatigued today, headache and joint & muscle aches...and strangely, weeing for England!! It's so odd - and not UTI either. I guess I feel better than last time but still pretty bad.

Told them about the clotting and they weren't particularly interested. It's all about current protocols I guess.

The good thing was that, despite it being a massive centre with capacity for hundreds there were only a handful of people so I went straight in. Although that suggests that people aren't motivated enough on a sunny day to get the jab...

Mamie

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 10:35:30 AM »

I had very bad side effects after my first Astra Zeneca jab -  and strangely like you, couldn't stop peeing!  I haven't heard of anyone else who had this side effect until I read your experience this morning.
I had no side effects after the second though.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2021, 07:52:40 PM »

I had sore arm with both, but fine otherwise. OH felt rough for a couple of days with 1st and very tired for a day after the second.

Iris67

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 01:21:39 PM »

I now have palpitations and dizziness and the fatigue is no better  :'(

holidaylover

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 03:20:39 PM »

I took terrible palpitations about three days after my first Pfizer dose.  Had a couple of ECG's and blood done and it was fine.  Nine weeks later, still getting palpitations, but took my second dose yesterday feeling quite apprehensive.  Sore arm both times, weirdly feeling very wired in bed and not able to sleep, aching joints and muscles too. (Same as first time).  Still worried re. palpitations.  Get it checked out though if its worrying you.  I dont think it really matters what vaccine we get, it seems everyone is different with respects to side effects.  Not keen to take any more jabs now. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 03:49:31 PM »

Do speak to your GP Iris or if possible, the clinic where you had the vaccinations.  Also report on the Yellow Card system.  If you are fatigued, then rest.  This heat won't help! [sitting here with as little clothing on with feet up!]
Pages: [1] 2 3