Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Panic attacks  (Read 1119 times)

LorryLocket

• First Flush
Panic attacks
« on: July 05, 2021, 09:21:22 PM »

Hi all, new member first time posting. I am on Evorel 75 patches and Utrogestan for 12 days. Lately I am suffering severe panic attacks in the 2 weeks where I am not taking Utrogestan. I get a horrible “whooshing” feeling from the top of my stomach all the way up to my head which makes me feel dizzy and sick, along with a racing heart. I thought this was hot flushes, but I don’t get hot? Is it anxiety? It gets so scary that I feel like I might be having a heart attack! The feelings last anything from 20 mins to an hour but are becoming too frequent. Do I need a stronger dose of estrogen and I wonder if I can take continuous Utrogestan alongside. I am spotting for the whole 2 weeks during Utrogestan. I have a Dr appointment but not sure what to ask for. Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 08:11:29 AM »

It could be your own hormones battling against the HRT .  When I have an adrenaline rush it feels like hot water flowing through my veins, once I got used to it I could ignore that.  Anxiety 4 me begins below my belly button with intense nausea = panic attack. 

How is your diet over all?  Eating regularly will help.  Make a list to take to the GP?

alibeau

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 09:43:05 AM »

Hi LorryLocket,

I too have had a few panic attacks over the past two years but for me it all starts with chest related symptoms and or dizziness... really terrifying...

I too am currently trying to find the right balance of HRT and so I don't have any answers (at the moment!) but just wanted to wish you well and let you know you are not alone.

Like CLKD said, I keep a note of my symptoms and can now see patterns forming which is obviously helpful...

Best of luck.

Ali x

KarineT

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 08:53:41 PM »

Hi Allbeau,

When did your panic attacks start?  Are they getting worst or is the situation improving? 

Where are you on your menopause journey? I'm asking because I'm wondering if the panic attacks occur in perimenopause or postmenopause.

I'm 17 months in  postmenopause and sometimes I get some kind of adrenaline surge or panic, i don't quite know how to describe it, but it can be frightening and worrying and it mskes me feel vulnerable and isolated.   It's not  pleasant at all snd really wish these stupid hormones settled once and for all.

Thanks

Karine

Karine

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 10:11:55 PM »

Higher levels of anxiety often occur in peri B4 a woman even realises that The Change is approaching.

4 me, adrenaline surges feel like hot water in my veins.  Panic is more immediate and intense, starting in the gut. 

alibeau

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 12:01:38 PM »

Hi Allbeau,

When did your panic attacks start?  Are they getting worst or is the situation improving? 

Where are you on your menopause journey? I'm asking because I'm wondering if the panic attacks occur in perimenopause or postmenopause.

I'm 17 months in  postmenopause and sometimes I get some kind of adrenaline surge or panic, i don't quite know how to describe it, but it can be frightening and worrying and it mskes me feel vulnerable and isolated.   It's not  pleasant at all snd really wish these stupid hormones settled once and for all.

Thanks

Karine

Karine

Hi Karine,

I'm 49 and peri (I presume) been taking varying HRT for about 3 years I think....

I'm probably not best placed to answer your questions as my panic attacks started following a sudden and traumatic family bereavement just over two years ago and so I am not sure if they are hormone, grief or trauma related.  I had two bad ones not long after but then had another bad one a couple of months ago following a Reiki session! Now that I know what they are and what is happening to me I am far better able to deal with those initial feelings of panic and am able to manage them before they escalate (I hope!).

Generally I am suffering with mild to medium chesty anxiety symptoms which I have whilst not taking the Utrogestan part of my regime. They are misery making and make me feel afraid to venture out on dogs walks etc

Next month I am going to trial taking Utrogestan for 25 nights out of 28 to see if that works any better for me.

Wishing you luck in finding something that helps.

Ali x