Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Side effects 3rd week on Evorel Sequi  (Read 1894 times)

Sammycaird

• First Flush
Side effects 3rd week on Evorel Sequi
« on: June 13, 2021, 04:16:35 PM »

Hi there , only started evorel sequi 3 weeks ago - first 2 weeks I felt really good but on starting the Conti patch week3 I have had a huge slump . I feel knackered , tearful - can’t stop crying , binge eating ,  no interest in anything . I don’t know what to do . Anyone had similar experience?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 04:59:18 PM by Sammycaird »

pepperminty

Re: Side effects 3rd week on Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »

hi,

Don't give up yet, give yourself time.  the first 2 weeks are estrogen only - the feel good part and the second 2 weeks are the progesterone and estrogen to cause a bleed. Some ladies have issues with certain types. try it for 3 months to see if you settle, if not change the type of progesterone. look at the types on the treatment tab above. Hope you feel better soon.

Pepperminty xx

Sammycaird

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 07:46:36 PM »

Hi there , thank you for taking the time to reply . I feel at my wits end but sharing how I’m feeling has helped . I think today has been a lowest point for me . New day tomorrow xx

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 06:14:24 AM »

Hi Sammycaird,

I know what you mean.  My first HRT prempac C was great on the estrogen only bit , but the progesterone made me feel dreadful. i went onto femosten and that took 3 months and a bit of tweeking with extra estrogen , to stabilise. Also if you are in peri your hormones will be adding to the mix in the background. I hope you feel a bit better.

PMXX

Sammycaird

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 08:58:26 PM »

Hi ! Thanks so much . I’ll give it time and hoping it settles .

Missizz

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 08:39:35 PM »

Hi Sammycaird
I felt exactly the same as you- I had a 3 month supply and by the 3rd month I couldn’t make myself put on the conti patch part because I knew what was coming if I did. The low mood, bloating, eating. I think it was defo the type of progesterone/norithsterone. I had a bit of a battle to find an alternative (and to find a dr who would listen to me who knew anything about treatments) but I just spoke to her today and I’m going to try everol patches and utrogestan. Am hoping that I might be more tolerant to micronised progesterone. I hope things settle for you, for me I knew quite quickly that the sequi wasn’t for me

Sammycaird

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 08:49:08 PM »

Hi , sorry not been on the forum for a wee while . Thanks for your reply - how have you been getting on with your hrt combination?

Sammycaird

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 08:02:28 PM »

So unfortunately I ripped my patch of last night - week 7 . Depressed beyond belief , tearful , intolerance - generally horrible. What now?

pepperminty

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 05:56:13 AM »

Hi,

you know that you feel good on the estrogen part, so maybe go back to the gp and request an alternative. Look at the search boxes above on types of HRt and progesterones also. You could ask Dr Currie on here for suggestions, I think she charges £30. There are lots of alternatives , patches , gel, pills. Keep a symptom diary. I heard a pod cast with Liz Earle recently and she said that it took 18 months before she felt fully better. Keep us imformed with how you go as it is always helpful for everyone.  It can sometimes take a few goes to get the right combo.

PMXX

Anaise

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »

Hi Sammy, I've been in Femseven Conti patches for 3 weeks and feel really depressed and tearful, so today I've cut a patch in half to see if I feel any better. I think it was all a little bit too much for me..