Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Cookies  (Read 1334 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Cookies
« on: June 10, 2021, 10:20:30 PM »

........ no not the edible type but those we are asked to 'agree to' .  Apparently some requests are illegal as there is no obvious opting out route.  I have ticked agree to many, particularly those on regional news papers - each time I am asked to tick the same, now I have stopped.  Surely my initial agreement should be logged somewhere ..........

I haven't been aware of how cookies improve my access or enjoyment/not of the internet.  It's information gathering in many cases.

Limpy

Re: Cookies
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 08:29:53 AM »

........ no not the edible type but those we are asked to 'agree to' .  Apparently some requests are illegal as there is no obvious opting out route.  I have ticked agree to many, particularly those on regional news papers - each time I am asked to tick the same, now I have stopped.  Surely my initial agreement should be logged somewhere ..........

I haven't been aware of how cookies improve my access or enjoyment/not of the internet.  It's information gathering in many cases.

I have found that if I haven't agreed to cookies I can't view the site. Does that count as improving/access?

I suspect, but am not sure, that  data protection/security might have something to do with initial agreement not being retained.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cookies
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 11:44:16 AM »

I've found that I can't access what I want to read  :-\.  But unless there's an opt out button, I can't be bothered  ::)