Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Elleste Solo patches increased from 40mg to 80mg - does it help?  (Read 2210 times)

1967Rosebud

• First Flush

Hi Everyone. Wondering if anyone can help or give some advice. I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago at the age of 34 due to a large (benign) fibroid. I started hot flushes around 18 months ago and my GP prescribed 40mg Elleste Solo patches to be changed twice a week. The last 6 months, I've been plagued with brain fog, clumsiness and I ache from head to foot. I feel like an 80 years old rather than a 54 year old. My neck cracks and crunches, my knees are sore, if I roll onto my hips during the night the pain wakes me up. My wrists and finger joints hurt. I started to wonder if I had Lupus or Fybromyalgia but following a webinar at work on Menopause last week, I suddenly thought, maybe it's menopause related and the patches just aren't cutting it anymore. I spoke to my GP and she advised she would prescribe me Estradot 75mg patches. These aren't currently available so the suggestion was made to put on 2 x 40mg Elleste Solo patches. I did this for the first time yesterday. Last night I hardly slept and today I have a cracking headache - but this could be just tiredness. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience of having their dose doubled and if they experienced any side effects or if indeed it helped with aches / pains / libido and how long it took before you noticed a difference? Medical history is I am on Sertraline for depression and various other drugs for Coronary Heart Disease. Any help or advice would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance, Lisa. x

Joaniepat

Re: Elleste Solo patches increased from 40mg to 80mg - does it help?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 02:20:17 PM »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.  My feeling is that doubling the dose all in one go might be a bit much. Could you cut one of the patches in half and try that for a while? Perhaps 60 would make for an easier adjustment.
JP x

1967Rosebud

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 02:23:11 PM »

Thanks JP that's really helpful  :) x

Valybobs

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 06:11:49 PM »

Wow your experience of aching all over and feeling 80 is exactly what I just said to a friend myself today.  I've just posted my first post a moment ago and the achiness is what is really getting me down - starting to feel it in fingers too.  Makes me more convinced HRT may not be at right level for me.  Look forward to hearing how you get on.x