Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Out of my mind with worry  (Read 5936 times)

Mrs Bennet

Out of my mind with worry
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:20:44 PM »

Hi ladies
Just wondering if anyone can help ...
Yesterday i did a FIT bowel sample and have just read on my patient access that i will need an urgent 2 week referral 😳.....
Long story but basically i have had left sided abdominal pain since Christmas..... also suffering piriformis syndrome and sciatica so thought this was referred pain from that ..... have had some physio and also seen womans health physio for pelvic problems.....anyways saw  GP this week had bloods done and had to do poo sample.....i suffer extreme health anxiety and just going to the drs gave me a very upset stomach.....i have external piles too......the reading on my result is 19 normal range 0-5 though on NICE site says any thing below 10 is normal...... sorry for ramble but i am sitting here crying thinking i have bowel cancer .....i guess surgery will call me tomorrow...

Thank you for reading.....😘😘

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Out of my mind with worry
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 09:24:52 PM »

I cannot understand why patients are able to access their private records on line  :-\.

Ring your Surgery in the morning and ask the question, press the point that you are extremely worried!

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 09:38:49 PM »

Good idea to ring in the morning, you need to know what's going on. The good news is they're getting on to it quickly with a 2 week referral, think this may be for further investigation not that they've actually found something? Hope it goes well, we're all here for you.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 09:44:09 PM »

Thank you for reading my ramble CLKD 😘
I am just so beside myself actually shaking and feel sick....i am really struggling mentally at the moment ...
I haven’t been going out due to the COVID only for appointments.....so have become slightly agaraphobic (spelling)
I have not told the doctor how bad i feel......stupid i know and now this wish I hadn’t done the test xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 09:45:46 PM »

Thank you Shelia99 😘
I new i could count on the ladies here
xx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 09:51:32 PM »

Hi Mrs Benet. Of course you feel anxious but the blood the FIT test has detected could have come from other causes rather than cancer. You could be suffering from inflammation in the bowel especially as you had a nervous tummy when you took the test or your external piles could have contaminated the sample. It sounds as if you are being given the best possible care and we are all here for you. Let us know what you find out tomorrow won't you.

Taz x  :hug:

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 11:17:28 PM »

Thank you for your kind words Taz
yep i will post tomorrow.....
😘😘

Machair

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 03:31:01 PM »

Bless you. I know this must be such a worry. I don't think the government realise what locking people up for months does to them in terms of increasing anxiety as there are no distractions to enjoy outside of 4 walls. There are so many reasons why this may not be serious. The waiting and fear is worse than the outcome. You are feeling things that are normal. My heart goes out to you.xxx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 10:07:31 AM »

Machair......thank you for your kind & wise words .......keep trying to rationalise this in my head but my brain takes over 🙄.....
Update.....Dr called yesterday and i had a chat telling her how i feel, she was very kind and tried to reassure me by saying she is not panicking.....
just wish I could say the same 🤣
She wanted me to go and have another blood test for iron .....which must have been missed off of the tests i did earlier in the week 🙄
When this test is back she will maybe want to get another stool sample then
work on a plan......she did say that i would need the dreaded colonoscopy
So I’m still feeling anxious and shaky
which isn’t helping with my bowel situation if you see what i mean .....
Seems like I’m in fight or flight situation all day 😳
Well i will stop rambling now....
Thank you again xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 11:13:37 AM »

Your GP is following guidelines and if she ain't worrying ......... that doesn't stop the old brain though does it! She's got other patients to take her mind off issues.

I can understand the bowel situation.  Worry causes either slow transit and bloating or I have to rush: or both  :o

Aprilflower

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2021, 11:39:20 AM »

MRS. B,  you may have internal as well as external piles.  That may explain the blood and discomfort.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2021, 11:57:23 AM »

Thank you CLKD & Aprilflower......
I’m just catastrophizing as usual.....
I feel not so bad one minute then the next I’m all over the place 🙄......
I know i just have wait and see but
can’t seem to be positive......I so envy people who can take things in there stride......i just worry about everything 😳.....i need to get a grip xx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 12:31:33 PM »

I'm a worrier too  :-\ usually in the early hours  >:(.  My brain begins racing because I can't tackle the issues at that time of day!

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2021, 02:57:38 PM »

All such a nuisance CLKD.......I sometimes get up and make a cuppa
& watch TV until i feel a bit more sleepy......i just can’t lay there with all the chattering in my head 🤣 xx

marge

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 07:22:16 PM »

Did your problem get resolved Mrs Bennet? Hope all is ok
Pages: [1] 2 3