Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Apologies, I'm really scared. I called 111 about my headaches...  (Read 8643 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Apologies, I'm really scared. I called 111 about my headaches...
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2021, 10:06:10 AM »

How much is your headache due to stress? Disturbed sleep? I ask as I do get headaches regardless of the vaccine. Woke up with a headache this morning as I going to visit my mother in hospital today. She’s not an easy person to deal with. You could say she’s my headache! Have you talked to the doctor? For reassurance?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2021, 11:25:34 AM »

I get various types of headaches all the while because of the medication regime I've been on since 1988.  Still here!

2day it's because I didn't take my regular meds last night.

loonarider

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2021, 02:14:48 PM »

How much is your headache due to stress? Disturbed sleep? I ask as I do get headaches regardless of the vaccine. Woke up with a headache this morning as I going to visit my mother in hospital today. She’s not an easy person to deal with. You could say she’s my headache! Have you talked to the doctor? For reassurance?

Thing is I usually don't have this type of pressure headache. It's not the kind that I'd get near my period where a paracetamol will sort it.

These pressure, tension type headaches started 6 hours after vaccination a long with joint pain. Joint pain gone, headache persists.

If it's a coincidence and the headaches that begin soon after the vaccine are unrelated then I can relax a bit, but it seems like a direct correlation to me.

I'll call 111 if it gets worse, though I'm also seeing the doctor for other annoying symptoms, so will mention it too.

Thanks for your input. X

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2021, 02:15:54 PM »

Is the headache becoming worse?  You are drinking, exercising, eating well?  Take a pain relief although too many can cause bounce back headaches!

loonarider

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2021, 02:16:23 PM »

I get various types of headaches all the while because of the medication regime I've been on since 1988.  Still here!

2day it's because I didn't take my regular meds last night.

Ah OK, welp, I'll be seeing the doctor tomorrow and can annoy them with my questions  ;D

loonarider

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2021, 02:18:01 PM »

Is the headache becoming worse?  You are drinking, exercising, eating well?  Take a pain relief although too many can cause bounce back headaches!

Bounce back headaches? You can't win. I am taking Nurofen and paracemtol together when I feel the headache creeping up to prevent it getting worse (one hopes).

Oh and definitely drinking and eating well, maybe a bit too much as an anxious response.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2021, 02:19:31 PM »

How often: the body gets used to some medications - I would stick to 1 or the other now, if it were vaccine related it would have got a lot worse.  Those types of headaches are unbearable, having sufferers crawling on the floor 4 relief. 

Have you practised relaxation techniques?

menomope

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »

Hang on in there until tomorrow and then speak to Dr. ( unless the headache becomes so bad in the meantime)
Hopefully they can reassure you.
After 22 days (since my second vaccine) I woke up in the middle of the night with one of the worst headaches I have ever had. it was all over my head and my neck was pulsating! I had to get some ice and lie there as still as possible. I was so worried.
I drifted off to sleep and was surprised to find the headache completely gone in the morning although I felt a bit spaced out. I dont know what caused it. Probably a mixture of things and maybe sleeping with my neck in a funny position. But I did panic and that almost certainly made it worse.
Tension headaches manifest in different places and I always forget this and think the headache I have is new.
Good luck at the Dr tomorrow.

loonarider

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2021, 06:31:00 PM »

How often: the body gets used to some medications - I would stick to 1 or the other now, if it were vaccine related it would have got a lot worse.  Those types of headaches are unbearable, having sufferers crawling on the floor 4 relief. 

Have you practised relaxation techniques?

Only when I feel the headache pain creeping in do I take them. Especially at night, otherwise my sleep is interrupted and feel worse the next day. Yes, I do breathing circles as I also hav e been diagnosed with panic disorder and get bouts of attacks when I least expect it.

loonarider

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2021, 06:33:57 PM »

Hang on in there until tomorrow and then speak to Dr. ( unless the headache becomes so bad in the meantime)
Hopefully they can reassure you.
After 22 days (since my second vaccine) I woke up in the middle of the night with one of the worst headaches I have ever had. it was all over my head and my neck was pulsating! I had to get some ice and lie there as still as possible. I was so worried.
I drifted off to sleep and was surprised to find the headache completely gone in the morning although I felt a bit spaced out. I dont know what caused it. Probably a mixture of things and maybe sleeping with my neck in a funny position. But I did panic and that almost certainly made it worse.
Tension headaches manifest in different places and I always forget this and think the headache I have is new.
Good luck at the Dr tomorrow.

Thank you kindly Meno mope.

Good to know about the tension headaches, as I find that mine move arond a bit, which ends up freaking me out. Yes, will wait til tomorrow when I see tge doc. So far nurofen is keeping he ppain at bay. When I had a phone trigage with my doc last week, he said that if it was serious painkillers wouldn't make a differene.

I mean they take the edge off so I guess that's something for now.

Thanks again x

loonarider

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2021, 09:53:26 PM »

The weird tension headaches are back. I've drank water, I'm in bed and scared to hell.

Debating with myself whether to call 111.
I had two days with no headaches and they're back.

I really don't think these are normal headaches. They zap. They started soon after my jab and haven't stopped and then when you think they're gone they return. 

Tired of feeling scared and not knowing :'(

P.s ran out of ibuprofen, taken paracemtol about 30 minutes ago, no change yet.

So frightened and my partner is in a deep sleep that I don't want to wake him up from

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2021, 08:08:39 AM »

Zaps are common .  I get them due to the meds I take.  Alarming, I go 'oh!' then it's gone. 

loonarider

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2021, 11:17:44 AM »

Zaps are common .  I get them due to the meds I take.  Alarming, I go 'oh!' then it's gone.

Well that was crap, 3 hours sleep due to head pressure and the ocasional zap. Unfortunately, I hadn't any nurfoen in the house, just paracetmol which did diddley squat. I hope it passes.

Seems a lot of women are getting these tension headaches post vaccine on the  open access government website forum. I just hope it will disappear soon, as one women had hers for more than 30 days post vacccine. This is torture.

Ellen May

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2021, 07:55:09 PM »

How are you feeling today, Loonarider?

I have had a headache for over 2 weeks now. It comes and goes so some days I hardly notice and others it’s more noticeable but doesn’t interfere with life at all. Until this evening when I suddenly felt really sick too but after lying in bed for an hour it’s passed and I feel fine again...

Trouble is since perimenopause came into my life I panic a lot about my health so any niggle sends my mind into overdrive and I then google every terminal illness possible!

I had my first vaccine at the end of March so don’t think it can be related but doesn’t stop me worrying. I have spoken to 2 doctors so far who both diagnosed tension headache and don’t seem concerned that it could be more serious.

Hope you are feeling ok now. Did you ring 111?

loonarider

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2021, 11:40:57 AM »

How are you feeling today, Loonarider?

I have had a headache for over 2 weeks now. It comes and goes so some days I hardly notice and others it’s more noticeable but doesn’t interfere with life at all. Until this evening when I suddenly felt really sick too but after lying in bed for an hour it’s passed and I feel fine again...

Trouble is since perimenopause came into my life I panic a lot about my health so any niggle sends my mind into overdrive and I then google every terminal illness possible!

I had my first vaccine at the end of March so don’t think it can be related but doesn’t stop me worrying. I have spoken to 2 doctors so far who both diagnosed tension headache and don’t seem concerned that it could be more serious.

Hope you are feeling ok now. Did you ring 111?

Hey there Ellen,

It's funny you ask how I am. For the past week I've been relatively without the tension headaches, until the  past two nights where it has woken me up from sleep in the early hours so went downstairs and cried eventually falling asleepm on the sofa by 5 am.

Not to mention my other annoying issues that are ongoing in the backgrounD. Had a massive panic attack and breathlessness that saw me staying awake until dawn again.

My quality of life really sucks - and it's putting me into a deep depterssion. I've got a doctors apponitment in 2 weeks time and I don't know if I can wait that long. If I was minted, I'd go private, but I have to wait, and pray I don't keel over until then. Im sick of it. The tension headaches have been an addition to already worrisome symtpoms that I've always had, so tired and fed up.

I hope you're feeling OK? It will be 3 weeks post first does of the astra vaccine tomorrow. Take care x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]