Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: This week symptoms Anxiety/Panic week 9 Femseven Conti  (Read 1425 times)

warwick01

This week symptoms Anxiety/Panic week 9 Femseven Conti
« on: April 22, 2021, 08:19:49 AM »

Good morning ladies.

Sorry to keep asking your advice but I have know else to ask.

As you know I have had sore aching legs, water retention etc. However these symptoms seem to be settling (thankfully) Now comes the anxiety, mood swings but yesterday I had a full blown panic attack in the hairdressers chair. Sat having my hair cut and I could feel the anxiety building because I felt trapped. This may sound irrational to people who have never had a panic attack.

I am on week nine of Femseven Conti and some symptoms like dizziness have improved. Do you think this will settle?? did anyone else's anxiety get worse on HRT before getting better??

Wx   

sheila99

Re: This week symptoms Anxiety/Panic week 9 Femseven Conti
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 04:55:49 PM »

Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms. There wasn't any noticeable improvement in anxiety for about a month, then it was variable until it finally went at 3 months. It don't rememberit getting worse though. Might be worth looking up if it's a known side effect of the progesterone in your hrt.

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 07:01:15 PM »

Thanks Sheila99

Really appreciate your advice. Yesterday was the pits, today feel ok. Such a rollercoaster :-\

Wx

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 01:29:50 PM »

Hi warwick, sorry but HRT never helped my anxiety at all...I was on Estrogel/Utrogestan oral conti regime for 15 months, then tried Estradot 50 patches with the Utro, then tried Femseven conti for 2 weeks which made my skin angry red - so had to stop and it took 6 weeks for the 2 marks to go off my skin! I didn't get any of the symptoms you mention with Femseven conti though in the 2 weeks I tried them.

So went back to the Estradot 50 and Utro but then got bad breast shooting pain and discomfort after 3 months, so have decided to stop HRT altogether now. I found the only thing HRT has ever helped was the hot flushes. It didn't help my aches and pains in my joints, maybe I have just been one of the unlucky ones it doesn't suit? I have found at age 64 all the trial and error a pain! Needless to say hot flushes are returning in the morning and evenings as they were before :'(

Have just lost my 93 year old Mum to Dementia and Covid - so heartbreaking -and Gp is trying me with Sertraline to help my anxiety which has been and still is horrible.

I hope your symptoms settle down, I too had high hopes for the Femseven conti , so disappointed.

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 02:55:48 PM »

Hi JuliaDizzy

So sorry to hear of your loss :'(

We have so much to deal with at our age, I am 61 without dealing with such debilitating symptoms. For now I will stick with Femseven Conti as having some improvements with dizziness and flushes which really impacted on my life. My legs are feeling better with regards the water retention, not as painful. I only have 3 more weeks until i reach 3 months, hopefully the anxiety will improve.

Take Care Wx