Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Confused & Struggling  (Read 1224 times)

Debsdo66

• First Flush
Confused & Struggling
« on: April 20, 2021, 08:05:40 AM »

Good Morning Everyone,

Hoping someone out there can shove me in the right direction as my brain is over loaded, over thinking & confused.

I'm seriously struggling with hrt, nothing seems to work.   I'm 54, think I've sailed through Peri & actually in Menopause??? Through the last year I've tried Femoston 1/10mg, great for a few months then stopped working. Next up Femoston 2/10mg sent me completely mad, bloated out like a balloon,  mood swings & very, very low.  Then Evorel Sequi, complete waste of time & now spending a fortune on nhs prescriptions!   Estraderm 25 patch with Utrogestan 100mg 2 capsules at night with a break. Unfortunately no break through bleed & night sweats continued.  I am now desperate for a good night's sleep, I have bags under my bags.   GPs latest plan was Sandrena gel 3mg at night with Utrogestan 100mg one capsule.  ITS STILL NOT Working!! 😭.
Hate the gel, but if it worked I'd put up with it. 
I'm now at the end of my tether.  Low moods, no sleep,  bloating out one minute, normal the next.  I exercise on a regular basis, diet healthy  etc, trying to do everything I can to control menopause.
Anyone out there have any ideas???
Talking to GP today, he's lovely, very understanding but think he's running out of action plans.  Had bloods taken last week so get the results later. 
The more I read, the more I'm over thinking the whole Hrt thing. Come to the conclusion HRT & Menopause is a minefield!! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Confused & Struggling
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 10:46:03 AM »

Morning.  Which symptom would you like to ease first?

How many symptoms are unbearable?  MayB give yourself a break from HRT to let the hormones levels settle?  Have a list of concerns to talk to your GP about and let us know.

When was your last monthly period?

Debsdo66

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 05:24:04 PM »

Evening CLKD,

Sleep, controlling night sweats that's the first major issue. Hopefully energy etc will fall back into place with sleep.
I'm in menopause, confirmed today and also being referred to Gynaecologist, but in the mean time coming off Sandrena and going back to Estraderm patches with a higher dosage.
So now a waiting game.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »

Consider why a gynaecologist: a menopause clinic would be better as often gynaes don't know much more about HRT than GPs might.

Energy can be controlled by thyroid function and/or VitD levels being out of kilter.  Have U had bloods recently?

Let us know how you get on.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 10:37:59 PM »

If you take utro continuously the dose is 100mg not 200mg.You should be bleed free this way as you're meno. 25mg oestrogen is a low dose so I'm not surprised you need more. The latest strategy seems a good one. flushes usually go in a couple of weeks and are a good indication you're taking enough oestrogen. My anxiety and insomnia took 3 months to go though there was a little improvement from the second month.

Debsdo66

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 06:26:19 AM »

I'm definitely on 100mg 1 x capsule at night, continuous.  I haven't had a bleed for a year so definitely menopausal.
Had bloods taken and all is fine and normal with thyroid etc.
GPs decision to refer to gyny.
Start the patches tonight Estraderm 50mg,  if the dosage is to low he'll put them up to 75mg.
I do understand that it's a very personal balance but just seems to be taking for ever to find the right balance of hormones.