Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Please help to solve the problem with hair loss  (Read 3865 times)

bloomy-spring

• First Flush
Please help to solve the problem with hair loss
« on: April 20, 2021, 06:53:13 AM »

I have a problem with general thinning of my hair (as opposed to noticeable baldness in some men)

For me, cutting and styling is one of the main means of self-expression: if I lose this tool, my self-esteem and self-confidence will suffer.

Please tell me what products  https://mybloommy.com/product/bloommy-biotin-collagen-keratin-capsules/ do you use (besides doctor's prescriptions) shampoos, vitamins or something else to keep your hair beautiful.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:32:51 PM by bloomy-spring »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Please help to solve the problem with hair loss
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 07:51:26 AM »

Morning.  General thinning can affect some ladies.

MayB tell us more about yourself?  Age, general exercise regime, whether you require HRT ........

Wrensong

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 08:32:27 AM »

Hello bloomy-spring &  :welcomemm:  If you feel your hair loss is greater than seems reasonable as we age, might be worth a chat to your GP & perhaps in addition to any bloods they may suggest to check your general health, asking to have thyroid function & Vit D tested if these are not included.  Deficiency in both can cause hair loss.  Hormonal decline at menopause does also sadly affect many of us that way.  Some find that HRT helps, some continue to have problems. 

I've gone through just about every shampoo, conditioner & other hair product on the market while its condition has been changing, including Aveda for a few years, until they changed the formula  >:(  Have ended up back with cheapish Pantene products which currently suit my dry hair better than any others I can find.  For blow drying I use a light mousse (Wella Shock Waves) & finish with VO5 Frizz Free air dry cream.  All depends on hair type & effect you want to achieve of course, so I'd say experiment & see what suits you best.  :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:38:35 AM by Wrensong »

annieb

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 02:30:18 PM »

I agree with Wrensong - might be worth a chat with your GP.  A few years ago my hair was coming out in handfuls and after blood test GP found my Iron levels were low.  I had a course of iron tablets and review of my eating habits and that sorted the problem out.  It was quite distressing at the time so can understand how you feel x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 04:19:05 PM »

:bouncing: