Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 1337 times)

Sarah Coxon

• First Flush
HRT
« on: April 19, 2021, 07:50:44 PM »

Hello.
I would be grateful if I could ask some questions. This is all very new to me. I haven’t had a period for two years, after having the worst bout of depression recently and I am on antidepressants. The doctor suggested HRT. I stuck the patch on Thursday 15th April. femseven conti, I have since had awful abdominal pain headaches and tender boobs today. Is it normal to have such a painful abdominal, I also have fibroids which I am concerned about. Thank you in advance for  replies. 😊💕
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:33:31 PM by Sarah Coxon »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 02:03:39 PM »

Sorry that no one has responded !

You are now in menopause.  Which symptoms would you like to ease?  Some find keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful to chart progress.

Is there a leaflet in the box with the Femseven Conti?  When were the fibroids examined? 

Some ladies require ADs as well as HRT.  Which have you been prescribed?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 02:43:51 PM »

Hi.
Yes, sorry about the delay.
I was on femseven before I switched to tablet form, and I remember having bad headaches, altho, I still get them from the tablets too.
It should all settle down, and you should stay on it for about 3 months to see, ( unless, you really can’t cope) if it doesn’t settle, change to another regime.
I’m on Femoston conti, ( tablets) and I’ve found the progesterone in that, much better for me.
Keep us posted on how your getting on, and ask away any questions you want answered.

Good luck with it all.

Jd xx

Sarah Coxon

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 10:38:10 PM »

Thank you to CLKD and Jillydoll for your replies. 🥰