Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Uterine polyp  (Read 1803 times)

Happygolucky

• First Flush
Uterine polyp
« on: April 19, 2021, 10:20:03 AM »

Morning
Have had very heavy bleeding since mid February and at first I put it down to menopause, I'm 51. The bleeding got heavier with large clots coming away so called G.P who prescribed tranexamic tablets but bleeding continued so referred to Gynecologist. I had a scan and a hysteroscopy last Thursday which wasn't pleasant :-\ so Dr took a biopsy and said it looks like a polyp causing the bleeding. I should get results in about 4 weeks then probably surgery to remove it.
Just wondered if anyone had a similar experience?
Not bleeding as much just now, just a little bit feeling pretty washed out and dizzy.

LindyLou22

• First Flush
Re: Uterine polyp
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 11:52:37 AM »

Hi,

I had a very similar situation that resulted in me having a polyp removed last September and have not bled since.

I couldn’t believe how having this one little polyp caused me so much grief!

Fingers crossed it’ll be the same for you 🤞

Machair

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 03:33:55 PM »

I too have a probable polyp. Had a scan this week and booked in for removal and biopsy under GA on 29th.
Very scary - slightly different to you as I am post meno but still same boat.
Let us know how you get on and good luck.xx

red elephants

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 03:20:32 PM »

Hi,
I had an ablation after the discovery of a polyp.  I was out for 15 minutes and didn't have any bleeding for 2 years.

Also had a biopsy without any anesthesia, which was quick and uncomfortable.  I had the results in 2 weeks.

Hope all goes well.

Machair

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 08:41:10 AM »

Thank you red elephant for your very kind words. Just had the PCR test ahead of the op- didn't enjoy that. Wish hubby could come as I don't fancy being alone. Still looking forward to be able to go out again after 2 more weeks in isolation. Miss walking the dog :(

Machair

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 07:08:19 PM »

Ah well that is me ready for bed for an early start tomorrow for the op. Will be so glad to get the polyp out and get home again and I wish hubby could come :(