Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 1242 times)

Julia99

• First Flush
Vagifem
« on: April 18, 2021, 12:14:56 PM »

Hi
New here, thanks for having me.
My journey started 8 weeks ago. Prescribed amitriptyline 10mgs for Jaw pain. After 2 weeks couldn’t pee properly and discontinued. Suffered terrible withdrawal symptoms which shocked me after two weeks. After several visits to GP and pelvic internal exams, diagnosed with a small rectocele and VA. Unrelated to side effects of amitriptyline.
Prescribed vagifem.
Had ongoing  urinary problems and paid to see urologist privately. Weeing issues definitely amitriptyline, he stated he sees it all the time. so transferred back to NHS for tests, next appointment 4th May.
During all this I did 13 days of the 14 days every night of vagifem but with all the weeing problems , burning and itching I discontinued.
Weeing now resolved mostly, urologist warned amitriptyline tends to ‘linger’ so could be a while for the retention to settle. 6 weeks off amitriptyline and mostly back to normal.
However, the burning after weeing, general soreness and itching continues. I realise this is now likely the VA and I’m wondering if the amitriptyline exacerbated this as prior to starting this I wasn’t really aware of any problems. Occasional feelings of soreness but nothing that made me see GP.
I’ve restarted the Vagifem 2 times weekly after a gap of 13 days but wonder if I need to redo the 2 week loading. I’m going to try to speak to the gynae nurse who prescribed it tomorrow if she’s in, but wondered f anyone had any thoughts? I have enough pessaries to do another 14 days as well as continue 2 weekly thereafter for a couple of months so no problem about having enough and she will put it on repeat if I feel it’s helpful.
I’ve had weeing frequency problems for a few years - Particularly in the morning when I can wee several times first thing and then every hour! Better later in the day.
The burning is unpleasant and sometimes my wee stings after I’ve been. I’m pretty sure there is no infection as I had numerous wee tests  and antibiotics over the last 6 weeks and some days it’s fine and others not so.
Coming off the amitriptyline had made my IBS really bad which in turn aggravates my bladder with feelings of wanting to ‘go’ a lot.
Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the 14 day load I did would have been lost as I didn’t continue with the 2 weekly thereafter? As I said I left it 13 days before restarting
Any help appreciated in case I can’t speak to nurse next week 😁

jaypo

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 01:51:33 PM »

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
Reloading the vagifem certainly won't do you any harm,some women take it daily all the time,I take it every other day as like you the weeing was getting a joke but VA does affect the bladder too,thinning walls etc,oh the joys,hope you find some relief