Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: STATINS Rosuvastatin  (Read 1641 times)

annieb

STATINS Rosuvastatin
« on: April 15, 2021, 11:33:08 AM »

Just a quick update on my post about statins from December.  HAve been taking Rosuvastatin  - started on 5mg every other day (as had bad reaction to previous one) - reading came down from 8.9 to 6.5 after 3 months and LDL from5.9 to 3.9
Consultant wanted the reading a bit lower so asked me to up the dose to 1 a day.  After the bad reaction to Atorovastatin (spellling??) I decided to increase the dose slowly.  Got it up to 5 days (Mon, Wed, Thurs Fri & Sat) but when I tried to fill in the final days I started to feel jittery again so had to go back to the five days.  Anyway the good news is that after this last 3 months the reading is now 5.5 with LDL 3.6.  They'd like the LDL a bit lower but taking into account my my weight lifestyle diet etc he seemed happy enough .  They still think it is familial though there is no real evidence of big issues within my close family.  It may just be that they caught my Mum in time.
Can't be certain that the jittery/anxious reaction is the medication as life has been stressful of late for us all so he suggested I stop the medication for a few weeks to see how I feel.  Will give that a try BUT he stresses that I will need to start it again once I see what happens.  Anyway - at least it has worked which is the main things

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: STATINS Rosuvastatin
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 06:08:42 PM »

Hi.

My OH is on the same statin. He takes 10mg per day.
He’s been diagnosed with familial. = hyper lipidemia. (S).
His good cholesterol is about 3 now, it’s the other ones they keep an eye on, (regular blood tests.)

So that’s good for you, good news, keep going.
xx

annieb

Re: STATINS Rosuvastatin
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 02:27:07 PM »

Thanks jillydoll and good to hear your OH is doing so well x