Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New here  (Read 1188 times)

Happygolucky

• First Flush
New here
« on: April 09, 2021, 12:30:08 PM »

Hi all
Just joined today. 51 years old and definitely heading into menopause following approx 5 years of symptoms.  I also have M.S which is pretty tough at times. The last few months have been hard, very heavy bleeding for 4 weeks recently only stopped by tranexamic acid leaving me totally wiped out. I have an appointment with a Gynecologist next Thursday, first one, to discuss treatment options which to be honest I am looking forward to as I don't want to go on like this if I can help it. I can tick a lot of those menopause symptom boxes that's for sure but currently very dizzy, following blood loss and in a lot of pain with my teeth and gums on right side. Could be M.S nerve related but just thought I'd ask if any of you ladies experience awful mouth pain and what you do or take to help? Paracetamol doesn't do anything to help. I look after my teeth and had regular check ups pre covid but wondered if this could be another menopause symptom?
Thanks for reading

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 02:13:06 PM »

Hi!  Sometimes gynaecologists don't know any more about menopause than GPs might.  MayB take a list of symptoms to discuss at the appt.?

:welcomemm:

A drop in oestrogen levels can cause the body to become dry: inside and out; skin, scalp, deep in the ears, nostrils, eyes as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Because the bone in the jaw requires activity to keep it healthy, otherwise the gums recede due to lack of exercise, it might be worth while having a check up with the Dentist.  The hygienist can then advise as to gum care. Since having implants I've used those 'tip-ee' thingies to keep gums as clean as possible. 

Could you be anaemic after heavy bleeds, also, how are your VitD levels?

In the mean time use cooled, boiled water with salt in as a mouth wash?  Let us know how you get on.