Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is this dip a in blood sugar??  (Read 2987 times)

warwick01

Is this dip a in blood sugar??
« on: April 07, 2021, 10:07:15 AM »

Morning Ladies

Current medication

!25 Leveroxine
Femseven Conti

So here we go again. This issue has been going on for a few years now.

Basically - every time I go out in the morning around 9.00am/10.00am either shopping or like this morning a walk with my dog. I start ok then 10 minutes or so into walking I start sweating profusely, dizzy, faint and I feel a little disorientated. As always I rush back to my car or home.

GP tested me tested me for diabetes a couple of years ago which was negative. GP thinks it is 'anxiety' as always :'(

I'm NOT anxious until this starts...... which makes me anxious.

This morning woke feeling good as usual had breakfast at 8.00am, fruit and yogurt including a banana. Not eaten since 6.00pm yesterday. left home at 9.00am for a walk and at 9.30 the light-headedness and sweating started then I go a little disoriented.

I am trying to loose weight but need to get this issue sorted, GP a waste of time. Always get this mornings. When I worked in the NHS I had my blood sugar taken a couple of times and always low but no symptoms then, that was 15 years ago.

Any advice will be appreciated as you ladies help more than GP.

Wx

Iris67

Re: Is this dip a in blood sugar??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:49:54 AM »

Sounds exactly like low blood sugar, perhaps you need something more substantial for breakfast - could be a drop after a sugar spike. The yog is protein but if it has sugar you are eating 3 sugary things. Can't think of anything else. I used to get this kind of thing but I am hypothyroid which complicates the picture for doctors.

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 12:05:05 PM »

Agree with Iris67. Bananas need not be as "healthy" as we think. If too ripe, they can trigger quite a sugar spike in those more susceptible. Can you maybe try some eggs or avocado or something? Might be quite useful to take a look at FODMAP or even better glycaemic index (GI) nutrition when it comes to the management of sugars. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:12:58 PM by Postmeno3 »

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 12:43:29 PM »

Perhaps more protein and some wholegrain complex carbohydrates would give you a better start to the day. Your breakfast does sound a bit sugary 🙂.

JP x

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 12:57:11 PM »

Hi and thanks Ladies.

I thought fruit would be healthy esp with a banana. Will try porridge over next few days.

Iris67 - I too am hyporthyroid and wondered if it could be I take my Leveronxine around 5am. It's getting me down as I just want to go out and feel bloody normal.

Should I eat something b4 bed ??

Wx

Mogster71

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 07:23:52 PM »

Hi Warwick01

It could well be the sugar spike, as others have said you could try having some more protein at breakfast. I find at the moment I am very sensitive to blood sugar dips so I'm careful not to go any more than 3 hours (apart from overnight) without a snack or I can feel shaky and generally wafty pretty quickly. 6pm through to 8am is a long time to go without refuelling so perhaps you're working through those breakfast calories a bit faster? I'm sorry I don't know anything about leveronxine or how it affects things for you.

I appreciate you say you are trying to lose weight but protein will keep you fuller for longer too...you could try overnight oats as an alternative to porridge, with some chia seeds or a handful of nuts and berries. Or perhaps eggs on wholegrain toast.

I usually have a couple of biscuits before bed and on waking (I am up at 4ish most mornings...long story short I have cats haha).

Maybe try one different thing first and see how you feel. Hopefully you'll see a difference soon x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 07:26:34 PM »

Evening.  When I had similar symptoms - not anyway diabetic - NAPS recommended that I eat every 3 hours.  Not to eat more, but to spread my meals over 24 hours especially in the night.  At the time I had a puppy so when she went out at 3.00 a.m. 4 a P, I had a biscuit on our return to bed - it didn't take long B4 she realised there was grub to be had.   ;)

My go to: a good quality muesli 4 breakfast; dried fruits and nuts; bananas; beans on toast. Always leave 20 mins. after breakfast B4 walking.  Those small mixed packets of dried cereal when travelling.  Easy to munch either when driving or as a passenger. 

I tend to reach for a banana either mid morning or mid afternoon.  Runny redybrek mid afternoon if really hungry.  Fresh or dried dates.  Don't worry about sugars, once 1 gets a regime of what and when to eat, the body settles.  Leaving a gap between eating and exercise is important.  I try to eat B4 my body needs energy.  It's taken since the 1990s 2 find my regime. 

'wafty' Love it  :medal: and yep, cats want feeding and they want feeding now  :D

warwick01

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 11:09:45 AM »

Hi

Thanks everyone - I don't know what I would do without you ladies.

Always same time every day...... got to be blood sugar as dont have the this afternoon or eve.

Will take on your advice. However I need to lose at least a stone ASAP as clothes not fitting. Also due to my new patch I have developed water retention on both thighs..... I hope this settles as it is painfull

Wx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 12:39:43 PM »

Would you require a diuretic for a while? to lessen the thick thighs?

Spreading your eating across 24 hours isn't likely to add weight, it certainly didn't 4 me.

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 01:12:42 PM »

Hello Warwick

Have you thought about getting a blood glucose test ?  I wonder if you are sensitive to blood sugar changes because you are pre diabetic? If so you can make changes now to improve things.

Take care.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 01:38:34 PM »

Hi Kathleen

Good to hear from you :)

I had a blood test at GP and they said I wasn't diabetic. They don't do thumb **** test anymore at GP. I am thinking of buying a test kit myself. On Amazon around £15.

How are you doing with the Gel ?? any improvement?

Wx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »

Blood test is more specific.  If you aren't diabetic you don't need to buy a test, I think most Chemists in England do them anyway?

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 06:15:24 PM »

Hello Warwick and thank you for your interest.

I am now seeing a doctor at Newson Health who has been very helpful so far. I was prescribed Oestrogel 2to 6 pumps daily and Utrogestan either orally, vaginally every night or alternate nights. My doctor has recently added in Testosterone.  Quite a package!  So far I am using 4 to 5 pumps and Utrogestan vaginally, I added the testosterone about a week ago. My only menopause problems now are low mood and anxiety. I am often tearful and the anxiety is concentrated in my stomach/abdomen where I experience that horrible internal shaking feeling. I have mentioned before that one MM member said it was as if she had swallowed a large mobile phone that was stuck on vibrate and I think that is a brilliant description. I will press on of course and hope for improvement!

I get the impression that things are getting better for you. I remember you had lots of problems with dizziness and I wonder if that has resolved now?  I certainly hope so as understandably you found it very distressing.

I think getting a blood sugar monitor from Amazon is a great idea. I am all for us taking as much control of our health as possible and if we need to splurge a little by getting the right equipment so be it.  I also believe that if we need to see a GP we can present more evidence to support our case. Perhaps they will take us more seriously as well!

Wishing you well and keep us updated on your progress.

Take care.

K.

warwick01

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2021, 09:52:23 AM »

Hi Kathleen

Sounds like you are making some positive improvements. Funny enough - I have been considering an apt at Newson clinic myself which will be next step if Femseven doesn't work.

Dizziness has improved and and seems better when on Progesterone. This explains why for me this was my first peri symptom, although I didn't know at the time and Know one ever explained this could be the issue. Everyone points to low estrogeon.

Anxiety/panic is my worst symptom. I still get the adrenalin surge which for me is like a panic attack, same time as Hot flush that can last around 10 minutes.

Thanks again Wx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 11:13:22 AM »

Morning.  Have you considered an anti-anxiety medication?  My GP gave me a betablocka to ease those cortisol surges in the early hours, Propranonol regularly helped a lot. 
Pages: [1] 2