Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Where did you get 2nd Covid vaccine?  (Read 3303 times)

Annb

• First Flush
Where did you get 2nd Covid vaccine?
« on: May 14, 2021, 04:47:05 PM »

I had my first C19 vaccine at a vaccination centre and at the time of booking was given my date for 2nd vaccine.  I did not receive my invitation fog GP vaccine until a few days later.  I am now 10+ weeks and my friends  who had 1st vaccine at vaccine centre too, received invites from their GP to book 2nd vaccine (same GP as myself).  As my 2nd is 2 days before 12 weeks and I am extremely anxious, I called my GP surgery a week ago, who were extremely rude and said it would arrive soon.  Anxiety is rising, so I contacted my GP and receptionist has sent me invite to book for next Saturday (2 days earlier than other appt.).  Just wondering, has anyone had this experience?  Have you received 2nd vaccine at another venue eg GP?  If so, did you have to cancel vaccination centre one first, or is that done automatically?  Basically, I seem to be anxious about everything at the moment and am worrying if I am doing something wrong if I take up the GP offer over the vaccination centre offer.  I wonder, is everyone invited for 2nd vaccine via their GP regardless of where they got their first?

Aprilflower

Re: Where did you get 2nd Covid vaccine?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 04:56:10 PM »

I'm a bit confused by this.  If you were given your second date, when you had your first jab, just turn up on that date.

I think there are two different systems working.  I was invited to book online and was given both dates.  My husband had a call from our surgery, went for his first jab, and was given his second date then.

Annb

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 05:01:26 PM »

I know, I am a bit confusing.  If I go to GP then I will get it earlier...

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 05:16:51 PM »

I'm a bit confused by this.  If you were given your second date, when you had your first jab, just turn up on that date.

I think there are two different systems working.  I was invited to book online and was given both dates.  My husband had a call from our surgery, went for his first jab, and was given his second date then.
  I wasn't given the 2nd date when I had my first one. I was later offered a date after 12 weeks which I booked. Then my GP sent me an earlier invitation so I had it after 8 weeks and cancelled the later one

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 05:18:50 PM »

We booked both dates at the same time on receipt of the NHS invitation letter.  No problem  :-\.  I had a reminder e-mail, DH didn't but we went 2gether - job done.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 05:26:41 PM »

If you go with the GP appointment , then just go online and cancel your appt at the hub. X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 05:59:24 PM »

I’m having mine tomorrow.
12 weeks (bar a few days) since my 1st one.
Wish me luck! 🙂

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 07:15:42 PM »

You'll B fine.  [R U better now?]

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 11:59:16 AM »

Yes thank you CLkD.  :thankyou:

It’s been a terrible week.  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 12:34:52 PM »

It amazes me how a human can feel fine 1 moment then absolutely awful within seconds  :-\ :'(

Did U get the jab?