Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: NEWBIE  (Read 1283 times)

RA

« on: April 01, 2021, 09:10:29 PM »

Hi, I’ve been menopausal for about 18months and just looking into HRT. I had terrible heavy periods and migraines for 5-6 years prior to this. I wish I was more educated on the benefits of HRT back then because I would have started it much sooner, but instead I was left to do my own research with regards to the many symptoms I have now. These include insomnia, night sweats, brain fog, joint pains to name a few. It’s a minefield out there, but I’m hoping a greater quality of life once I get the correct HRT. It would be great to have some positive stories. Also tried to send a personal message to someone on here, but couldn’t due to the 10 posts rule. 😔

mandss

Re: NEWBIE
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 10:49:29 AM »

Hello RE, your story sounds a bit like mine. I am now 49 and have been off HRT for 2 months (having been on it for 2 years). I had all the same symptoms as you listed. Hrt did help for a while but I never really felt "great". good luck on your journey, its a bumpy road xx

RA

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 12:26:12 PM »

Thank you, yes this is what I'm afraid off. After all the ups and down and trying to find the right dose it might not work as well as I had hoped for. I also feel if nothing else as long as it protects my bones to an extent that should be good enough. It's going to be a very bumpy road 😏

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 12:28:21 PM »

It can take a few months to find what suits?  Sometimes your own hormones can over-ride benefits.  MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 01:25:11 PM »

Thousands of women are treated successfully. They're the ones who get on with their lives, the few who have trouble end up on sites like this. Given your symptoms it's very likely hrt will make you feel much better.