Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1018 times)

Trayguy

• First Flush
« on: March 29, 2021, 11:12:14 AM »

Hello. I have been on HRT for about 3 years now as I had started with all the symptoms. Got to say the HRT was great and I felt so much better. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 weeks ago so had to come off it immediately 😱. Since then I just can’t sleep and the hot sweats have returned. Just wonder if anyone has taken anything to help with sleeping. Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 06:24:38 PM »

So sorry for your news about your diagnosis.  What kind of treatment have you been planned for?

I underwent lumpectomy and a week later due to small changes at histology, had further surgery, removal of lymph nodes under the arm pits, a bone scan and radiation treatment .  Still here.  My Oncologist said at my last visit "No HRT for your Young Lady" but had I suffered extreme symptoms I would have discussed it long and hard.

What support do you have around you?

What did the Consultant suggest to ease symptoms?  If you are suffering, ring and make the points so that it can be logged in your notes.

:tulips2:

Trayguy

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 06:59:21 AM »

Hi. I am having a lumpectomy and radiotherapy next week unless anything is different when they do the op. It is looking like it has been found very early. I had a routine mammogram and that’s how it was diagnosed. The consultant didn’t seem to have any answers for me just said you have to come off it and hopefully you will have gone through the menopause by now 🙄. Clearly not. I have read about a few herbal things I can try so I will try them I think.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 08:08:16 AM »

Lumpectomy - do take a button up nightie, not 1 to pull over your head as the arm mayB stiff.  Also quicker and more dignified when being looked at ;-)

You may have to wait for the radiotherapy until the wound heals.  It was 6-7 weeks B4 my sessions began, at noon every day for 4 weeks.  I got Sat and Sun off  ::).  I was given a steroid cream to be used if the area looked sun burnt which didn't last long.  I took my own music tape - remember those - to listen to whilst having the radiation treatment.  It took me longer to get undressed and reclothed than the session!

These Consultants really need to educate themselves about HRT  >:(.  A 'top of the head' comment really isn't helpful.

MayB the lump won't be oestrogen driven - mine was and I'm still here - so that you can restart HRT.  Keep in touch!