Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Re Balance Active gel  (Read 1983 times)

Midnight Shadow

Re Balance Active gel
« on: March 28, 2021, 02:57:11 PM »

Last night I didn't use my vagifem as I am using three a week. I decided to use a Balance active gel as I have been finding them very soothing, no side effects. However, in the night I was itching, and this morning, I woke up burning and stinging and this has continued throughout the day. Has this happened to anyone else with this product?  I am hoping today is a one off and just a wax and wane day.  Replies appreciated.

sheila99

Re: Re Balance Active gel
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 03:21:18 PM »

Never used it but perhaps you've developed an allergic reaction to it. Perhaps try using a very small amount and if the same thing happens stop using it.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 03:25:32 PM »

Thanks for responding Sheila, seem to have reactions to most things I use. Don't want to be taking a step backwards. Hoping it goes soon. Have had 4 better months.

Jasmine20

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 07:40:15 PM »

I've found gels can be hit and miss, probably due to the presence of water and therefore preservatives.

For me the Balance Activ moisture plus pessaries are better or the Carlson's Key-E suppositories (both from Amazon).

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 11:15:03 AM »

I use the ph balance pessaries from boots,they worked wonders for me but I still use vagifem every other day,you may find the burning is because you HAVEN'T used your vagifem