Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie 🙋🏻‍♀️  (Read 1598 times)

Vickytick

• First Flush
Newbie 🙋🏻‍♀️
« on: March 26, 2021, 10:42:51 AM »

Hi, I’m new on here been loitering for a while but only just joined on. So I’m 47 and have mild symptoms for about 18months but now they have got worse. Especially mood swings, anxiety and sleep issues. Since I turned 47 in Feb I’ve gained weight on my hips / bum (but I’ve a good diet and run 4x a week).

I haven’t been to gp as I don’t think they’ll take me seriously and we are still in covid. Too many people are telling me I’m too young 😠 but I had fertility issues, had ivf & conceive at 40. I’ve heard IVf can mean you have it earlier?? I had v low egg reserve when I was ttc 12 years ago.

It’s causing issues at home now. Hubby struggles with my ups and downs - he does try but I’m awful and I struggle with my 7 yr pushing my buttons.

Any advice (sorry for long rant) x

PeriWhat?!

Re: Newbie 🙋🏻‍♀️
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 11:12:24 AM »

Hi and welcome, I'm fairly new here too. People are really kind and helpful on this forum.
I'd definitely suggest making the appt. They might do a remote phone or video call assessment. If you search on here for your symptoms, it might help you when you make your GP appt. Knowing what to ask them for/what you do or don't want is half the battle!

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 11:17:15 AM »

Hi Vicky,welcome to the forum,never too young for menopause,it can happen at any age,a pal of mine was 37 when it happened to her.If you symptoms are getting worse,don't leave it too long. Some drs won't take you seriously but if that ever happens to me, I quote from this site and they usually listen,in fact one GP said to me,the women on here probably know more about meno than he does,says it all really.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 11:47:15 AM »

:welcomemm:

There is no such thing as 'too early' for menopause.  GPs fail to understand that rarely, some girls never have a period; others may have a few bleeds then none when young.  If a GP tells you that you are too young, ask him/her what they are basing their judgement on?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use 2 chart progress.  Browse round.  Make notes.  Read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads, 4warned is 4armed ;-)

There is an article to print off for your husband.  I'll try to find and bump it 4 U.  'Hints for husbands' I think it's titled.

As for your 7 year old, how much interaction does DH have to ease the amount of time you have apart from the child?  They are really active if watching that age group down our Estate is anything to go by!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 11:48:49 AM »

All Things Menopause room - 'advice for husbands'  ;)

Vickytick

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 03:36:53 PM »

Thanks ladies. I’ll definitely print that out for him to read. He’s generally really good - she’s out with him now - but I guess lockdown hasn’t helped. He’s normally in london but at home. So we are all on top of each other.

I’m going to make an appt with the dr and just be a bit more assertive