Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ultrogestan vaginally (multiple questions)  (Read 1163 times)

Jadefox26

• First Flush
Ultrogestan vaginally (multiple questions)
« on: March 23, 2021, 11:31:37 AM »

Hi all

I have recently been given ultrogestan and estrogel after having tried the Evorel sequi patches for a while and not getting on with them.
The Evorel made me feel like I had been hit by a bus, extreme aching when I got to the progesterone part of the packet, so the GP said a body identical progesterone might be better for me.

Anyway, since beginning the new regime, my aching has virtually gone, only the odd ache here or there, so much better - however, I think that the progesterone might be making me feel depressed/anxious 🙄
The thing is, it’s helping me sleep because of the sedative effect, and I’m really enjoying being able to sleep properly after years of waking multiple times a night.

I am wondering if I can take the progesterone vaginally but still gain benefit from the sedative effect? Or is it possible to take one of the tablets aurally and one vaginally to see if it reduced the anxiety/depression?
I’m really not sure what to do.

My second and third questions are, if I do take it vaginally, is it better to do it in the day or night? And if I do it at night, will it be affected if I then have intercourse?

Finally, what happens about smear tests? If I have one do I have to avoid taking the progesterone vaginally that day or the day before?

Sorry for all the questions but I literally feel like I have no one to talk to. My GP is useless in this regard. :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ultrogestan vaginally (multiple questions)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:39:15 AM »

Morning.

MayB put the product name into the search box on the Forum to see what pops up, make notes ;-)

:welcomemm: some  products may be off-license for vaginal use.  Hopefully some one who knows about HRT will drop by!

Browse round.

devonlass

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »

i have just started taking utrogestan vaginally as i had horrible side effect when taking it orally my GP said it would have less side effect as its only going to the place it needs to protect and i am still sleeping . if you go on you tube and search dr louise newson shes a menopuse expert she explains it so well

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 09:24:16 PM »

You need to use it at night just before you go to bed... gravity... You'll have to try it to see if it still has the sedative effect, it does for some people not others. It was oestrogen that cured my insomnia but it took 3 months, it seems to need a build up. Better to insert after intercourse.

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 04:50:46 PM »

Use at night definitely. It makes most people sleep but gives me the jitters, but then I have always been different. ::)