Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 1474 times)

xena

Hello everyone
« on: March 17, 2021, 07:26:11 PM »

Hi everyone
I've recently started visiting this fabulous website after being advised by my GP.

I'm 47 and have been suffering mildy with perimenopause symptoms for a couple of years but rode it out as the symptoms were mild and periods were still fairly regular.
However.... the last few months things have stepped up a gear and i was starting to struggle.... My symptoms over the last few years, but worse this year...  have been.... Missed periods, light periods, a 12 day period from Hell, dryness, uti symptoms (but no bacteria) mood swings (completely crying and upset for no reason) night sweats and also vision issues which have been checked out with retinal scans and no reason so assuming peri too...
I finally decided enough was enough and spoke to my GP who after me bursting into tears saying I'd had enough, and I no longer wanted the natural route and pleaded for HRT.... She confirmed I was in peri given my symptoms and i started Evorel Sequi last week...
Already feel so much better.... Night sweats have stopped and mood lifted.... My 12 day period finally finished Sunday too  8)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 07:39:17 PM »

Hi.  Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads ......... either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' will ease symptoms.

:welcomemm:

xena

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 07:47:16 PM »

Hi.  Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads ......... either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' will ease symptoms.

Thank you  :hug:

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 09:22:00 PM »

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 09:36:59 PM »

I'm glad things are getting better for you. At your young age you do need the oestrogen. It sounds as if you have a good GP there.

You'll find lots of support on here. Fabulous forum for friendship and understanding.

Taz x   :welcomemm:

xena

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 09:44:43 PM »

Thanks everyone
Its such a great forum with lots of helpful information  :)

Cookie25

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 10:47:39 PM »

Hi Xena, welcome!

I too am about to start Evorel Sequi (I'm 46) and have also started vagifem tonight.

I'd be really keen to follow your journey and compare notes as I start mine.
Xxxxx