Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Premature menopause, pill or HRT.  (Read 1141 times)

hotflushes01

• First Flush
Premature menopause, pill or HRT.
« on: March 12, 2021, 07:12:31 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm 36. I have had hot flushes and very erratic periods for two years and no period now for 9 months. Blood tests confirm menopausal levels (94). I've been offered pill or HRT by the GP and do not know what to do. I have started on the contraceptive pill because I was more familiar with it but so far it's made me feel quite queasy, though they have given me another one to try. I feel like the HRT may be better for me as the hormones are lower doses I believe, however, no-one can tell me whether there's still a risk of getting pregnant and if I do, would the HRT have an effect on any pregnancy.

It's so confusing and other than my husband I don't have anyone to talk to about it.

I've been referred to a gyno but still waiting for a letter after 6 months.

If anyone could offer any advice I'd be grateful.
Thanks.

sheila99

Re: Premature menopause, pill or HRT.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 07:24:38 PM »

If you use hrt you will still need contraception. You could use the mirena which would provide both the progesterone part of hrt and contraception. If you use the pill you need to make sure it's one with enough oestrogen as that's what you're deficient in. Personally I would prefer hrt, as it's designed for the job in theory at least it should be better.

Em21

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »

I started the hrt evorel sequi patches and still took my mini pill as contraception.
The patches got rid of all those awful symptoms immediately and would recommend to everyone.
Good luck.

Luchielene

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 09:13:59 PM »

Em21, thank you for sharing, I have just started Evorel Sequi and I am looking for positive stories, hoping to see improvements soon!