Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Covid vaccine hesitancy  (Read 5683 times)

CherrySG

Re: Covid vaccine hesitancy
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2021, 08:30:03 AM »

I had my AZ vaccination yesterday at 3 pm. No issues so far. 🖕

Honestly I'm so happy to have had it.
Will update if any adverse effects.

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2021, 09:13:00 AM »

I had the AZ 2.5 weeks ago. I felt fluey and achey for 24 hours. Took paracetamol and was fine. Soon be 3 weeks :) . I would not hesitate, As stated on this thread the risks from Covid and long Covid far outweigh the potentially extremely rare serious problems from this vaccine. Think how many millions have already been vaccinated in UK. Yes we owe it to everyone else to get the jab so that we can outwit this beast and help to prevent new variants from developing ( but keeping case numbers low) - in this country at least.

Hurdity x

jaypo

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2021, 09:18:27 AM »

That's what I keep telling myself Hurdity,look at all the REALLY old brave folks that have had it and here's me cowering like a child  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2021, 09:46:01 AM »

Would you like me to hold your hand jaypo?

What's the worst that could happen?  Any worries, speak to the Pharmacy for clarification?

jaypo

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2021, 09:47:32 AM »

Yes please  :'(
Not frightened of needles or anything but just the thought of getting as poorly as I did with the flu jab

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2021, 09:48:37 AM »

It's a worry when 1 has been affected.  Do ring the Pharmacist and chat?  You can then tell the vaccination hub B4 you book the appt..

milly

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2021, 11:47:58 AM »

Well I slept till 3am, woke up with slight headache, took paracetamol, got up at 7, walked the dogs, had breakfast, took 2 more paracetamol, all seems ok at the moment, I feel a little muzzy maybe.

One thing I did do was to drink plenty yesterday before vaccine and again last night, I’m continuing to do so today.

I might have got away with little effect, tho I realise some people’s side affects kick in after 24 hours.

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2021, 01:00:23 PM »

I was pretty similar milly - woke in the early hours with what may have been a jab-related headache which 'nurofen' sorted .........

Barnacle

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2021, 01:10:25 PM »

Yes please  :'(
Not frightened of needles or anything but just the thought of getting as poorly as I did with the flu jab

Try not to worry jaypo, easier said than done, i know. My DH had the same concerns because he had had a previous crappy reaction to the flu jab, but he was absolutely fine. Believe me, this is a man that sneezes a couple of times and proclaims to have man flu, at least twice a year, so if he felt bad my gawd, i would have known about it. He had the AZ one back in January due to his work and gets his 2 one in April.
I managed to book mine this morning online, so will be getting it, not next week, but the week after.

jaypo

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2021, 04:07:09 PM »

Thank you Barnacle   :)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2021, 07:50:50 PM »

Me and OT half had the AZ jab on Saturday. It was at a vaccination centre and was absolutely packed and took about an hour and 3/4, a small price to pay. I had a slightly sore harm but was fine otherwise. My OH felt a bit under the weather for a day, but was fine by Monday. My sister and brother had the same jab and had no side effcets at all. Most people I know have had the pfizer jab and none of them had any symptoms. It seems to be the luck of the draw, but it seems many more people don't experience side effects than get them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]