Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello - New Member  (Read 848 times)

Daffodil2

• First Flush
Hello - New Member
« on: March 01, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »

Hi.  Thank you for having me. I am 45 and have been having what I think are symptoms of perimenopause on and off for a few years following breast cancer treatment.  Finding it harder to cope and was hoping the end was in sight as had not had a period since last June.  However,  now had very light bleeding for almost 4 weeks.  Is this normal? Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello - New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 11:23:49 AM »

Yep.  Probably.  Browse round.

My periods waxed and waned for 2-3 years.  I would miss months then hey ho!  ::)  :welcomemm:

Some find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.   MayB decide which symptom you would like to ease first?

You should have been advised about protecting your heart and bones, did your Consultant not suggest looking at the Daisy web-site for early menopausal women?

R U being followed up still after your treatment?  Keep asking nowt is off limits here!

Daffodil2

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 03:30:01 PM »

Thank you - I have become anxious about anything health related these days.  I will have a look around.

So far I have not been given any advice other than I can expect an early menopause!  A record does sound like a good idea so at least I can go the GP prepared.

Thanks so much   :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 03:44:28 PM »

If you don't get on with the GP ask for a referral to a menopause clinic ;-).

Health anxiety can be problematic, I think we get to an age where we want to look forwards to stuff but peri symptoms can hold us back.  Sometimes HRT can help anxiety, there are specific anti-anxiety medications too. 

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 03:48:31 PM »

Hi Daffodil2 - most of us on here don't have a clue until we begin to experience symptoms so you are not alone ;D

I'm sorry about your breast cancer and hope that the treatment has now finished and that you are feeling well. There is this info (from the menu at the top of the page under Treatments) https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/prescribed.php  Which gives alternatives to HRT. You might find it useful as it gives information about what you can take to protect your bones should you have had breast cancer treatment. I only had a quick look so hope that it's useful anyway!

You will get lots of support on here. No question is too silly and there is usually someone around to help.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Daffodil2

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 04:25:22 PM »

Thank you both.

That is great advice and thanks for the link.

You are so right about health anxiety and I probably have a hundred questions. I didn't even know menopause clinics existed!

My first concern is definitely this bleeding  :(.

It is so reassuring to know I am not alone.